BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuel pump bypass startign point?---For nitrous system

3 posters

Go down

Fuel pump bypass startign point?---For nitrous system Empty Fuel pump bypass startign point?---For nitrous system

Post  David Cole May 15th 2012, 7:00 pm

What type of pressure setting should I start with for the bypass on my electric fuel pump?

I have an Aeromotive A2000 pump with the built in bypass. The engine is running off a belt drive pump (injected alky). The electric pump is being used only for the nitrous system. Kit is a Nitrous Express Pro Power Plate. Pn # 50075-10

The pump is fed with a -10 line and has a -8 return. Outlet from the pump goes to Mallory 4207 deadhead regulator and then to the solenoid. The bypass on the electric pump can regulate it down to 12.5 psi, but no more. So I have at least 12.5 psi up to 22+ going to the deadhead regulator. The deadhead regulator has no problem getting the pressure down to where I need it to the solenoid. I just want to make sure there is enough volume since I am enriching with alky.

What is a good starting point? Have it 15 psi now.
David Cole
David Cole
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=66449&

Back to top Go down

Fuel pump bypass startign point?---For nitrous system Empty Re: Fuel pump bypass startign point?---For nitrous system

Post  richter69 May 15th 2012, 7:08 pm

15 is fine before the reg, I enriched my NX plate with a smaller dedicated pump on alky............it dont take much. Be sure you put a bleed on the fuel noid, there is a port for it. Use like a .039 or so jet and return it to the tank.

BTW after a long conversation with NX about dist that plate is the only one that will fit the terminator, problem is is built around a BBC intake................it may not be as bad with your A460 deal but on mine only the 4 corners or the 4 middle runners were gettin "shot". You may have to play with the jetting also as the NX tuneups are pretty fat........injection makes it worse the added hit makes the pump spin faster and makes it even more rich.

You'll need the 200hp t/u to get it to move very much...................it dont pack as much punch on meth,

richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Fuel pump bypass startign point?---For nitrous system Empty Re: Fuel pump bypass startign point?---For nitrous system

Post  David Cole May 20th 2012, 11:26 am

Planned to test last night. Went bracket racing. Monthly 5K, got beat by .004, so I was going to bolt in a bottle and test between rounds of the brackets.

No go. The Mallory fuel pressure regulator was bad. It held fine in the shop, but once it got heat soaked it couldn't hold steady. Pressure creep big time. Couldn't get it to stop, no matter the adjustment. Would hold at 3 psi or peg the gauge, nothing in between. Lowered the bypass pressure on the pump all the way down to 13 psi and it was still no good. The regulator was almost "new" but it was 8-9 years old. Just been sitting.

Buddy of mine is gonna loan me a known good BG large 2 port regulator today. Will give it a shot next weekend hopefully.
David Cole
David Cole
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 20th 2012, 11:30 am

Get the little aeromotive reg, they work great with alky. Use the bleed port on the fuel noid with a .039 jet and it won't creep.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry T May 20th 2012, 2:11 pm

richter69 wrote:Get the little aeromotive reg, they work great with alky. Use the bleed port on the fuel noid with a .039 jet and it won't creep.

yes what jon said a friend of mine is haveing the same problem even with a return line. Wink
Larry T
Larry T

Back to top Go down

Post  David Cole May 20th 2012, 11:00 pm

richter69 wrote:Get the little aeromotive reg, they work great with alky. Use the bleed port on the fuel noid with a .039 jet and it won't creep.

Explain the plumbing on yours. How do you have the bleed port hooked up? What holds the jet?

I am about out of room for returns lol. My deal has 3 returns for the injection (main, high speed, idle or pump saver) plus a return for the bypass from the fuel pump. Could gain .10 from just the weight savings if I could lose all the lines
David Cole
David Cole
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 21st 2012, 8:32 am

Just get a fitting from an old nos plate and a .039 or so jet, screw the fitting into the purge port on the fuel noid, run a -3 line from it into a bulkhead fitting installed in the cell. That pump you have is awful big to be used just as an enrichment pump.

Fuel pump bypass startign point?---For nitrous system 4c4d3eb6
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  David Cole May 21st 2012, 4:53 pm

Got the Aeromotive 13201 regulator on the way and the parts/fittings to put the bleed in the solenoid. Talked with NX and Aeromotive and we are gonna go with a .030 jet in the bleed.
David Cole
David Cole
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down