BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cracked pg case number 2 of the year

+8
Race Ready Fabrications
Wheelie58
cool40
dfree383
whatbumper
powerstrokeace
richter69
soupbean
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Cracked pg case number 2 of the year - Page 3 Empty Re: Cracked pg case number 2 of the year

Post  richter69 June 3rd 2012, 7:27 pm

do not run a solid trans mount period, I would fab up some sort of limiter.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Cracked pg case number 2 of the year - Page 3 Empty Re: Cracked pg case number 2 of the year

Post  soupbean June 3rd 2012, 7:40 pm

powerstrokeace wrote:
soupbean wrote:
the Coug wrote:I still say if you busted the case you have something in a BIND

Sid Neal with Neal Racing Transmissions should have my new trans done tommorrow. Turns out, he is with you Coug. He said where I am cracking them at are not where they typically crack due to excessive line pressure. He had me checking all kinds of things and he started shaking his head immediately when I told him I had to pull the trans to the side by hand to put the trans mount bolts in. I would have never thought that that little of a bind would be that big of a deal but apparently it is. Also found that my pinion angle is +1 degree so will be addressing that as well along with a few other things. Regardless, tomorrow I will have a trans good up to 1800 hp for future growth. Went with the Reid case, 1.80 straight cuts, 8 clutch high gear, billet servo, roller tail, etc.

Did Sid tell you to run AMSOIL COMPRESSOR OIL?

No, he has me running amsoil synthetic atf

Ace
soupbean
soupbean

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3