BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Local street racing wreck

+8
blown86hallet
blown473
ThndrChkn
bbf-falcon
Old blue Racin Team
bruno
darren
Mike R
12 posters

Go down

Local street racing wreck Empty Local street racing wreck

Post  Mike R June 5th 2012, 6:57 pm

This happened Sunday evening not far from my house http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/18696578/race-modified-camaro-crash-minneapolis-street-racing?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=7361979 and here's a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uUjF3D8Vdkw The car was caged but the driver wasn't wearing the harness or a helmet, I've been told he had a new 800 hp engine and this was the first time he was on the hose.

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Local street racing wreck Empty Re: Local street racing wreck

Post  darren June 5th 2012, 7:40 pm

Easier to read ,
http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/18696578/race-modified-camaro-crash-minneapolis-street-racing
darren
darren

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno June 5th 2012, 7:57 pm

tards .... " i have never seen someone get hurt , gonna plan to sell our cars "

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Old blue Racin Team June 5th 2012, 8:07 pm

^^ So i wasent the only one to see that part...
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon June 5th 2012, 9:29 pm

We did it every nite back in the 70's,but our cars weren't that fast and we did it w/o bystanders and on a 4 lane road LATE at night. It was still dangerous though Rolling Eyes

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn June 5th 2012, 10:08 pm

This is exactly why I started a drag racing association right here in town. No It's a sad sad day when you read or hear about these things. The really sad thing is that they/we ALL know better. Every day while at work, I see people racing by the Carquest store where I work. I was off today, but I saw 2 high school kids racing their souped up Dodge Cummins' down the back streets this afternoon.

We have a 1/8 mile drag strip all lined up at our airport, and even had a good amount of support from the Airport Authority Board of Directors. But a couple weeks ago, the Executive Directors of the airport decided they wanted no part of it. They said we could put on our 1 event per year but no more. They don't want the liability they said. We even have it set up with the NHRA/IHRA to sanction the events, therefore taking any/all liability away from the airport. Granted, we understand that because the airport still owns the property, that inevitably, there will be somebody wanting to sue them when/if something goes awry... There's always a loophole somewhere in the system...

I could go on and on but I won't, as it'll end up pulling away from the topic of the thread. Sorry for the rant.

By the way, until we find another place to hold more races, feel free to check out & like our Facebook page here:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Big-Sky-Drag-Racers-Association/372913632735151

Carry on...
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Local street racing wreck Empty Street Racing

Post  blown473 June 5th 2012, 10:31 pm

It's a growing problem everywhere, cities & counties close tracks because a few whine about noise, or when a track is proposed to be built environmentalists cry, and the fact is, if there's no tracks, then racing goes to the streets. It's always been that way, and will continue to be that way. We raced the streets as kids, but back then this was empty farm land, the total area population was 40K over a very vast area. Now its over 1 million, huge difference, that's why no one died back then and now accidents are common. States need to wise up & realise that whether or not they want tracks they are needed, if only to enhance public safety. It's a cheap price to pay. The California Highway Patrol tries to help sponsor races at local tracks to get kids off the streets, they have a clue, it's the local city & county councils that throw a wrench in the gears with their "Not in my backyard attitudes" . More accidents are a sure thing till people wise up & address the problem.
blown473
blown473

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn June 6th 2012, 12:25 am

I agree 100%... This is exactly (IMO) what we're dealing with here. All we can do is keep after them and maybe someday they'll realize that we do "need" a track rather than just want one... I just hope that it doesn't come to something like this to get their attention. When we had the NHRA and IHRA reps here, they were both super impressed with what they saw at our facility. We even had the NHRA rep go to the meeting we had with the Airport Authority Board, to help express the real need for a track. Like I said though, we had pretty good support from the board members, but when the Executive Directors recommended to them to deny our request for any extended use, I guess they had no choice... I guess as long as they're letting us continue with the 1 race per year, IMO, and the good Lord willing, we still have a shot at making it happen...
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  blown86hallet June 6th 2012, 10:02 am

This is why Milan has NO E.T.'s!

Bring the street racers off the street to the track.... and boy do they come!!
blown86hallet
blown86hallet

Back to top Go down

Post  hillbillyerv June 6th 2012, 11:59 am

Fricken idiot lucky he aint DEAD!!!!!!! Dumb A$$ Shocked
hillbillyerv
hillbillyerv
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn June 6th 2012, 12:21 pm

blown86hallet wrote:This is why Milan has NO E.T.'s!

Bring the street racers off the street to the track.... and boy do they come!!

That's what we're trying to do here Adam. Maybe, just maybe the old addage will come true, and persistance will pay off...
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird June 6th 2012, 1:13 pm

We used to run em pretty hard around here..I've seen close to 200 people at a certain road here...been about 15 years since I've participated in it. The tracks are drawing more of them these days ..which is a wonderful thing,thety sell popcorn and stuff at the track!! Laughing
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  zbob June 7th 2012, 12:07 am

actually there is a program in Minnesota for street guys. i just got home from brainerd. every other Wednesday night. 25 bucks, sportsman tree, time slips, Napa sponsors it and does the track grunt work. unlimited runs, no eliminations, easy to set up next to your pal or your enemy, no difference. so in a nut shell they got no freakin excuse around here.... 12 second zbob

zbob

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranch71460 June 7th 2012, 7:50 am

We lost our track last year. It was built on leased land beside our landfill and the tall foreheads at city hall wouldn't renew the lease.
They claimed to need the additional land for a waste water pond and would not look at any of the compromises that were proposed.
We had a Friday night "Secret Street" program where you could race for $25. Car counts were always over 200 and it was sometimes tough to
get more than 3 passes in.
The clandestine race scene is once again alive here, although I won't participate.
Like many I did my share of that back in the '70's as well. Cars were not as fast and populations were not what they are now.
Ranch71460
Ranch71460

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down