BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Average Deck Height A460 block

4 posters

Go down

Average Deck Height A460 block Empty Average Deck Height A460 block

Post  powerstrokeace June 12th 2012, 8:11 pm

Guy's looking to find out what the average deck height of a virgin Ford Motor Sports A460 and what some of you even the deck height out to when building a motor. I'm looking a a set of piston from a build that never happened and the compression height has some concerns.

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

Average Deck Height A460 block Empty Re: Average Deck Height A460 block

Post  crittersf1 June 12th 2012, 8:37 pm

Haven't actually measured mine yet.
crittersf1
crittersf1

Back to top Go down

Post  LivermoreDave June 12th 2012, 9:58 pm

powerstrokeace wrote:Guy's looking to find out what the average deck height of a virgin Ford Motor Sports A460 and what some of you even the deck height out to when building a motor. I'm looking a a set of piston from a build that never happened and the compression height has some concerns.

Ace

My opinion, communicate with the guys that frequently use the A460 block and ask of the "common" rotating assemblies that work. Sometimes we take this odd piece or that odd part and fabricate all the remaining parts around the "odd part" only to indulge ourselves into insanity!

Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  powerstrokeace June 12th 2012, 10:15 pm

Dave I totally understand what your saying. I'm looking at getting a new one (Block) and was wondering what the starting deck height is and see where it go's from there. I don''t want to get some thing that need to wack it down to 10.270 to make some thing work if you know what I mean. I want to keep as much deck height and build around that.

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy June 12th 2012, 10:31 pm

powerstrokeace wrote:Guy's looking to find out what the average deck height of a virgin Ford Motor Sports A460 and what some of you even the deck height out to when building a motor. I'm looking a a set of piston from a build that never happened and the compression height has some concerns.

Ace

Every one I have used or measured was at least 10.320" , some were as much as 10.328".

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down