BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone using the Moroso/Mr Gasket electric water pump drive?

+3
dave d
BB94STANG
f250mike
7 posters

Go down

Anyone using the Moroso/Mr Gasket electric water pump drive? Empty Anyone using the Moroso/Mr Gasket electric water pump drive?

Post  f250mike June 14th 2012, 6:41 pm

I had a motor fail on the Mr Gasket version in 30 minutes while doing a cam break in. That was over a year ago and summit sent me a new one. I haven't tried the new one yet.
At the last race I lost my crank ,Alt,water pump belt twice and the engine got a little warm (250*+).
I race this Saturday and the Mr Gasket deal is hooked up to a new water pump.
I'm kind of curious if anyone else is running this setup and how it works on a bbf?
Mike
f250mike
f250mike

Back to top Go down

Anyone using the Moroso/Mr Gasket electric water pump drive? Empty Re: Anyone using the Moroso/Mr Gasket electric water pump drive?

Post  BB94STANG June 14th 2012, 8:46 pm

Haven't had any problems with mine. Cool
BB94STANG
BB94STANG

Back to top Go down

Anyone using the Moroso/Mr Gasket electric water pump drive? Empty Re: Anyone using the Moroso/Mr Gasket electric water pump drive?

Post  dave d June 14th 2012, 9:07 pm

NO problems with mine even use it on the street Very Happy
dave d
dave d

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 June 14th 2012, 9:20 pm

Mike i have never had a problem with mine i have always ran it on the ranger one thing i like is if i need to cool it off i can just leave it running with the engine shut off to cool it down in netween runs
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing June 14th 2012, 9:21 pm

I have one on my 65 with no problems It is hooked to a wieland alum. water pump.I also ran one on my 69 for yrs I had a over drive pully on it, worked good for yrs and left with the car.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  f250mike June 14th 2012, 10:11 pm

Thanks guys
I think I just needed a little support after the last motor failed.
Ward, I also have the overdrive pulley.
mike
f250mike
f250mike

Back to top Go down

Post  hienergy557 June 14th 2012, 10:17 pm

Same as all the guys above, no problem. Been using the same one for over 20 years. Even with different water to you guys, it goes down the bowl opposite way!!!!
Cheers Colin
hienergy557
hienergy557

Back to top Go down

Post  f250mike June 16th 2012, 11:37 pm

I raced today and had a little issue with the drive motor. The circuit breaker (8.5 amp) tripped 2 times.
What amperage fuse or breaker are you guys using??
Other than that it worked great and the temp stayed under 200*. Man does it cool down fast with the fans and pump running with the engine off.
How much HP does the water pump steal? Reason I ask is because the truck was way too fast today for the 12.00 index. On my first qualifying run I lifted just past the 1000ft and went 11.88 @ 100mph. The second run I lifted and was on the binders and did a 12.10 @ 95mph.
The truck has never ran like this and I have no idea why!!
f250mike
f250mike

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty June 17th 2012, 7:37 am

There could be lots of reasons why it was running better than it ever has. With the electric pump drive, it's not how much power it uses, but the parasitic loss of spinning it. Kind of like going from DOT tires to cut tires. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down