BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Francis Creek WI

2 posters

Go down

Francis Creek WI Empty Francis Creek WI

Post  TRUKPULR July 14th 2012, 10:31 pm

Francis Creek

On the ride to Francis Creek I had thought to myself that once I got there I'd park on an 45 * angle so we could get more haulers in the parking area. Well I got to Francis Creek at 4:15 p.m And there where two haulers already parked at 90* so I just pulled in where they pointed me to park and made the best of it .

Went over got signed in and then went to find something to eat, In years past the food tents where over in the baseball area but this year the Fire Fighters had taken over the Truck and Tractor pull and theirs no longer the Festivities on the other side of the road.
So got 4 hamburgers and Fixed them all up and put two the frig for later that night and ate two for dinner. Now with a full belly it was time to mingle and see if there was anything new going on with the members.

They Called the Drivers meeting 6:30 Super Stock was going to be the 4 Class out of 8 tonight so with that we got the show on the road. I lucked out and was the last puller in the class tonight so I got to watch them all pull. This is one of those thing where you get to double guess yourself on your gearing thru the whole class. I had the gear I ran last year in the box and I I stood pat on that until I ran. When it was time for the Super the Sun had just started to sink behind the clouds. And that was bring up moisture in the track I had hope the leveler guy could see this and managed the water to keep the track consistence for each puller.

First up was Jeff Kakuk he pulled the sled 297.73 @ 24.3 mph, he turned his pull down to re-gear and come back at the end of the class.
Next up was Tory Laubach he got hooked up and pulled the sled 317.51' @ 25.90 mph.
Next up was my Beer drinking Buddy Bruce Wagner with Bad to the Bone, Bruce showed up with Brand New tires today. He got hooked to the sled and pulled the sled to the 326.98' @ 27.00 mph. Fastest Track speed I'd seen this year.
Next up was John Vanne and the Junk yard Dog, John said earlier in the day that he'd been working on his Clutch and was going to try and Slip it out a little tonight.
He got the chain tight and Revved the truck up Slipped the clutch about a foot and broke the tires free and was on his way down the track, Pat stopping him at the 306.04' mark with a track speed of 24.70 mph.
Next up was Ben Holtger this is his second hook this year getting a later start due to being out of town and working to much. Ben Pulled the sled to the 304.27' mark with a track speed of 23.50 mph.
Next up was Scott Kieckbush and his Maga Ram Dodge, Scott tightened the chain and blew the tires out from under the truck right off the line and backing out of the throttle four times that I could count in the first 100 feet trying to get his truck to hook to the track, once he got his tires to hook he ran the sled down to the 316.44' mark and had a track speed of 25.90 mph.
Next up was Steve Swanson I saw he had some different tires on the rear of his truck tonight looking for a bigger foot print I think, he pulled the sled to the 286.18' mark with a track speed of 22.70 mph.
Next up was Tom Scheffen He had his hands full again with his truck (It seen to have a mind of it's own) zig zagging as he headed down the track stopping at the 313.64' mark with a track speed of 25.50 mph.
Next up was Mike Kauss and he pulled the sled to the 304.49' mark and had a track speed of 25.20 mph.
Next up was Derek Peetz and he has his new Motor in for today. Not knowing how the motor was going to run Derek put a conservative gear in and babied it out of the hole, and had a good run down the track learning just what his new motor will do. The sled stopped at the 311.02' and had a track speed of 24.10 mph.
Next up was Jeff River's with his truck After Shock He's the current points leader in this class. He tightened the chain and as he left the line his truck started to spit and sputter and his r's came up and it spit an sputtered even more never seemed to clear out, the sled stopped him at the 328.80' mark and had a track speed of 27.20 mph.
So OK it's ShaZam turn I still have the same gear in the box Should I have gone one up, we'll see I get hooked to the sled get the green flag and as I bring the r's up ShaZam starts to move at 4200 rpm's and I get off the line with out any problems and as I hit the 100 foot mark I give ShaZam full throttle and the tach heads up to 8000 peaking out at 8200 but settling in at 7800 during the run, Pat stopped me at the 315.16' mark with a track speed of 24.50 mph. So with this run in the books I headed back to the trailer.
Jeff Kakuk got re-hooked to the sled and pulled Pat 310.80' mark and had a track speed of 23.90 Well he better his first pull by 13 feet.

So ShaZam finished 5th for the night out of 12 trucks.

Next week I'll be at Rosholt WI Friday night and maybe Denmark on Saturday night.

till then later

Dan and ShaZam
TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

http://www.shazampulling.com

Back to top Go down

Francis Creek WI Empty Re: Francis Creek WI

Post  ThndrChkn July 15th 2012, 10:40 am

Good job Dan. We can't win 'em all. Wink
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down