BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rosholt WI Pull

2 posters

Go down

Rosholt WI Pull Empty Rosholt WI Pull

Post  TRUKPULR July 21st 2012, 6:35 pm

Rosholt WI

Well I took off from home @ 2:00 p.m. for the 2.5 hr drive to Rosholt WI Pulling into the Park area at 4:30 p.m. with the pull starting at 8:00 P.m. that night. Scott Kickbush just beat us there by a few minutes, so we had good pickings of where we wanted to park. The Thrasher Guys put a NEW Track in this year and we got to park where the old track was, So I found a pole the had 6 outlet boxes on it and placed the trailer there. Free Power for the camper means I can shut off my Noisy Generator and save 40 bucks in Fuel for the night.

After getting Signed up with Jodi I walked the Track with Craig to see what it looked like 75' Wide and 340' long with some really nice Landscaping blocks lining the outside of the track and lots of bleacher seating for the crowd. SO with the walk about done I headed to the food stand to fill that little hunger spot I had. Chicken Breast Sandwich looked good so I got 4 of them to go and put 2 in the frig for later tonight and has 2 for supper.

So there was 5 local classes there and then N.E.W. had 6 classes. Mod Diesel, Super Stock Trucks, 7000 Farm Tractors, Mod 4x4, 9500 LHF, and Working class Semi's.
Pull started at 7:00 p.m. with the local Classes. N.E.W. part of the show started @ 8:00 p.m. with the Mod Diesel Trucks, Followed by the Super Stock Truck, We all kept and eye on the track as the Mod Diesel Trucks pulled to see how much the track was getting ripped up, Danny Johnson's Track crew had everything under control but they need to use the Wobble Wheel on the big end of the track for the last 75' to keep it an even playing field. Once they where instructed on what was needed the crew had no problem fulfilling there duties. So after the Mod Diesel Class was over the Super Stock Trucks where all line up in the staging area. The one problem I have with a Crower Slipper Clutch is you can't park on the hill Without Blocking the wheels some how. ShaZam don't have a parking brake.
So I was 4th puller in each class tonight, And Lucky Derek was 1st puller in each class tonight. OK there's 9 Trucks tonight in Super and 7 Trucks in Mod.
So Pat gets the sleds set up for Super Stock and Derek gets Hooked up to the sled. Now this is Derek's 2nd hook on his New Motor last week he put to small of a gear in the box just to find out what his motor had. So tonight I expected a better gear selection out of him. He got the chain tight Brought his R's up and Smoked his clutch off the line for the first 20' and then it hooked and hew was off to the races with a 40,000# sled in tow. Pat stopped him at the 313.11' mark @ 26.70 mph. He kept his pull and headed to change tires.
Next up was Junk yard Dog with John Vanne Driving He left the line hard and was up to speed by the 100' mark and stopped at the 305.47' mark @ 25.00 mph.
Next up was Tom Scheffen and his Truck he calls the Rat. Tommy has been giving me fit's this season Kicking my butt at several pulls so far, He took off with his engine Buzzing around 8000 Rpm's and had one of his best runs so far this season coming to a stop at the 313.96' mark @ 25.50 mph.
So ShaZam is up next I get all hooked up and pulled the chain tight. Hit all the switches on the go to take off, As I was bring the R's up the Motor developed a Stutter at 3500 but clear when I hit 4000 and then the clutch started to kick in and I held it back till I hit 5000 rpm's and the clutch was all in at 6000 rpm's and I was on my way down the track, I caught my tach flicking the Rev light at 8200 going down the track telling me I had to small of a gear for this run. Pat stopped me at 311.29' @ 25.90 mph. So we headed to the trailer to change tires.
Next up was Scott Kieckbush he got hooked up and made his run while I was loading ShaZam up on the trailer so I missed his run but he stopped at the 318.67' mark @ 26.90 mph. moving into 1st place at that time with 4 truck left to pull.
Next up was Mean Streek with Jake driving tonight Jake was the Points leader in the Super Stock Class until they missed the pull in Francis Creek now they have a hole to dig out of to get back on top. Jake came off the line without a problem and was hauling butt by the 100' mark and when Pat stopped him he was at the 320.22' @ 26.70 mph. Now sitting in 1st place.
Next up was Bruce Wagner with Bad to the Bone, As he came off the line I heard him hit 8000 rpm's right off the bat and then at the 200' mark he went up one more octave I'm guessing 8500 to 9000 r's he had a great mid track run but went left and Pat stuffed him at the 317.91' @ 27.70 mph.
Next up was Mike Kauss in his Shoot to Thrill Truck. Mike did some lighting to his truck over the winter and has been have a fits trying to get it to hook to the track.
Mike left the line and seemed to have a good run going but was stopped at the 306.13' mark @25.40 mph.
OK last truck in the class was Tory Laubach with his Locked and Loaded Truck Making his run down the track, Pat Stopped him at the 316.00' mark @26.60 mph.

ShaZam finished the class out in 7th place out of 9 trucks. Needless to say I was a little upset. So after I got the Tires changed I was going to change gears for Mod So I watched the tach replay one more time. And like I felt earlier I was one gear to low in Super and I usually drop one gear for Mod So I just left the same gear in box.

So once we get lined up for Mod there where 4 Semi's left to pull and Pat had a Wire get cut on the Distance wheel So we had to stop the show and get it fixed. 45 minutes later we back on with the show.

So once the Mod Class got up Derek Took off and laid down a run of 308.67' @ 25.6 mph and turned this pull down to come back at the end of the class.
Next up was Scott Kieckbush as he got hooked to the sled his Clutch Slave Went out and he could only muster a pull of 97.16'
OK Next up was Junk Yard Dog with Sheila Vanne Driving She winds the truck up and dumps the clutch and the truck bounces a few times and Pat stopped her at the 293.78' mark @ 23.70 mph.
So it's ShaZam's turn and I made my way on to the track and get lined up with the sled, He dropped the hook on my draw bar and told me to tighten it up. As I got ready to leave the line the Stumble wasn't as bad @3000 rpm's this time and we took off at 4500 rpm's. ShaZam had three rear end squats and on the fourth I felt the rear plant her self and we had a hook from hell going. Now I had to make sure I picked the right place to land this Ride at the big end of the track, So I floated Right and Pat Stopped me at the 313.33' mark @ 26.20 mph. Leaving the track in 1st place Felt good now to see how long I can hold on to this with three trucks behind me.
Next up was Jake Luther in Mean Streek Jake had another great launch and as he headed down the track I was walking back to the scoring table. As I got there Paulie told me I was still in first place, Cool
Next up was Craig in Cold Ethyl and as he left the line his motor pop and stuttered once and then as he hit the 250' mark it sputtered again. But when Pat stopped him Craig was sitting at the 314.80' mark @ 27.00 mph Knocking me to 2nd place.
Next up was Bad to the Bone, I had this bullet to dodge and then Derek was coming back.
As Bruce got hooked up he came off the line ok but he had a little to big of a gear in and he took to long to get up to speed and Pat spanked him at the 308.53' mark @ 26.40 mph
OK here comes Derek, He comes off the line Smoking his Clutch the first 50 feet and then the tires get hooked to the track and I thought he was going to get me but at the 250 mark his tires let go of the track and Pat stopped him at the 304.98' mark @ 25.70 mph.
So ShaZam Takes a 2nd place in Mod tonight whoha time to party.

OK This week coming up is going to be a busy one. We have Mod Trucks Pulling in Seymour WI on Thursday Night, Friday where at Mishicot WI we have both Super and Mod classes there and Saturday where at Lena Running both classes. There is a Pull at Shakey Lakes on Sunday but I won't be there.

So Until then Happy Reading

Dan and ShaZam
TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

http://www.shazampulling.com

Back to top Go down

Rosholt WI Pull Empty Re: Rosholt WI Pull

Post  schmitty July 22nd 2012, 10:13 am

Glad to hear you had some more success this season Dan, and keep the stories coming. I look forward to reading them all. Very Happy
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum