BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Door County Fair

4 posters

Go down

Door County Fair Empty Door County Fair

Post  TRUKPULR August 3rd 2012, 12:36 pm

Door County Fair

Well this was the first time I was at the Door County Fair, So I went a little early so I could check things out and figure out where I was going to park. After finding the parking area I had the whole place to park so I started to check out the power outlets in the light poles to see if they had power. The Fair guy there said if I found one I could plug in. Cool So after finding the perfect parking place I got set-up. An hour later Craig and Bruce showed up and we all off loaded.
The Fair Guy told me about the Amvets Booth and there killer Steak Sandwich, So I took a stroll over to check them out. I asked the counter guy just how big they where and he told me they cover the Hamburger bun pretty good, So I'm thinking the hamburger bun you get in the store. So I order up 4 Med done Steak sandwich. So after ten minutes he comes out from the back cooking area with 4 Steak sandwiches the Size of my Hand.. There some Good eating here. So I fixed them up and headed back to the trailer.
Now it seemed the late day sun started to get really hot out and it was making being out in it miserable. Finally the Sun got down behind the Grandstands, So I changed into my Fire Suit Pants and a clean T- shirt and waited for the pull to get started.
Tonight I was pulling Mod 4x4 and we ended up the last class of the night following the 9500 LTD Tractors. As the Night went on the track was getting Rock hard and Pat was having a hard time stopping the bigger stuff seeing the Pan was just sliding on top of the track not digging in. They Pulled the Working Stock Semi's Before the 9500 LTD Tractors and the Semi guys started to head up high on the track and was Pulling Pat Clear out of the pulling area, 385' on a 300' track , So Pat made some adjustment to the sled and to the track moving it down to where nobody had run all night hoping it would have more grip for his sled down there. And they decided to rerun the Semi class after the Mod 4x4.
So they run the 9500 Tractors and the First Tractor pulled 326.13 and then they seem to each fall a little shorter 315.02 then 112.32, 312.49, 320.89, 291.11, 307.69 and then the last tractor pulls a 328.27. So with the tractors done Pat made his adjustment for the Mod 4x4 class.
And Derek was the first puller. He Wound his truck up and headed down the track with a really good run staying to the high side of the track next to the cones and pulled the sled to 337.69 with a speed of 26.7 mph. With that Pat reset the sled to knock off about 20' and the next truck up was Craig Emmes. Craig had a really good launch and was up to speed by the 150' mark and he too hung right next to the cones and Pat stopped him at the 331.29' mark and a track speed of 27 mph, So Pat knew Craig was one of the tougher truck in the class so he left the sled stand the way it was. I was up next I had my 750 gear in the box and had thought about dropping to the 650 gear but it was back at the trailer in the parking lot. So I get lined up with the sled pull the chain tight and as I brought the r's up the wheels got rolling at about 4500 and then it didn't matter what I did there just wasn't any good bit in the track. I turned 7500 the whole run and spun out at the 307.11 mark and only mustered a track speed of 25.3 mph So back to the trailer I headed .
As I got ShaZam up on the trailer Bruce had hooked to the sled and was Screaming down the track stopping at the 318.84 mark with a track speed of 26.4 mph, Next up was Sheila Vanne I heard her do a 6000 side step and she rolled down the track and was stopped at the 287.07' mark with a speed of 23.2 mph. So with that Derek came back for his re-pull and He pretty much made the same run he did the first time only this time Pat stopped him at the 319.24' mark with a track speed of 25.1 mph.

So Next week Saturday We'll be pulling in Markesan WI

I'll let you know how we did.

Dan and ShaZam
TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

http://www.shazampulling.com

Back to top Go down

Door County Fair Empty Re: Door County Fair

Post  IDT-572 August 5th 2012, 8:24 pm

Thanks for the read Dan, I enjoyed it. Cool Don't stop posting your pulls I love reading them.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf August 5th 2012, 10:48 pm

Good read.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  61coon August 6th 2012, 10:48 pm

Good luck next week Dan! I like how you always include the supper part in your posts. Here it is 9:50 p.m. And I now have to go fix me somethin to eat lol! Now if it was only a steak sammich......

RED
61coon
61coon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum