BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terrible (FATAL) accident at work today

+12
whitefield
OldRed70
Wes Littrell
72mav
psfracer
56Tbird
GT300TD
KY JELLY
342g
billandlori
res0rli9
bbf-falcon
16 posters

Go down

Terrible (FATAL) accident at work today Empty Terrible (FATAL) accident at work today

Post  bbf-falcon August 7th 2012, 2:28 am

I work at a Very large Papermill in Chillicothe, Ohio. In our woodyard we have very large bull dozers that push chips from a gigantic mountain of wood chips . One of our (lady)dozer operators was pushing chips from top of the piles when the dozer at some point caught fire.It is believed the operator may have panic'ed and exited the dozer w/o coming to a stop. It is also speculated that when she exited the cab and stepped out,that she was caught in the running tracks and dragged under the dozer (many many times) before the dozer came to a stop. No one seen what actually happened,but a truck driver entering the woodyard area alerted the scale oper. that a dozer was on fire at the chip pile.After arriving at the dozer they found parts from the victim scattered back to where it started. It was a gruesem scene to say the least. I did'nt know her personally,but her husband and I have been friends and part time coworkers for years. A sad day around here for sure. Sad

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Terrible (FATAL) accident at work today Empty Re: Terrible (FATAL) accident at work today

Post  res0rli9 August 7th 2012, 2:34 am

WOW! What a bad thing to happen. Sorry to here Rick.

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Terrible (FATAL) accident at work today Empty Re: Terrible (FATAL) accident at work today

Post  billandlori August 7th 2012, 9:23 am

Wow, that's a terrible thing to happen.

I deliver wood chips to a power plant and their dozers get small fires inside them quite often, all the small wood fibers and saw dust are bad for that. A fire on the wood pile would be a very bad thing, it would burn for days.

We'll be praying for her husband.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  342g August 7th 2012, 11:01 am

Had to be gruesome, sorry to hear Rick.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY August 7th 2012, 11:11 am

Sorry Rick thats a bad deal to have to deal with
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  GT300TD August 7th 2012, 11:29 am

Sorry to hear about anyone getting killed at work especially like that, very sad. Sure feel sorry for her husband.

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird August 7th 2012, 11:30 am

That's a terrible thing Rick...
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  psfracer August 7th 2012, 12:30 pm

OMG, how terrible.
psfracer
psfracer

http://www.psfracer.com

Back to top Go down

Post  72mav August 7th 2012, 3:31 pm

That sucks. Just remember ALWAYS , NEVER PANIC!
My condolences to the family.
Al
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Littrell August 7th 2012, 8:53 pm

Sorry to hear.Man what a terrible way to go.
Wes Littrell
Wes Littrell

Back to top Go down

Post  OldRed70 August 7th 2012, 9:10 pm

Rick,
Sorry to hear about the tragedy @ your Mill. I also work @ a Paper Mill in Valdosta Ga. ( Packaging Corporation Of America ) If there is anything I can do for you or the family of the Lost One Please don't hesitate to call. My number is (229) 460-0587 Cell . Call Anytime
Jimmy Bridges
OldRed70
OldRed70

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield August 7th 2012, 9:42 pm

Sorry to hear that ! I have been thinking about this since I read it this morning . God bless and prayers be with you and your co workers.
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  61coon August 7th 2012, 9:49 pm

That's terrible to hear Rick. Prayers sent for the family.
61coon
61coon

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon August 7th 2012, 10:18 pm

Thx guy's,it's just like strapping into and driving a race car,when we swipe the gate only God know's if we will swipe back out. Sad

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  JACKAZZFLATZ August 8th 2012, 9:59 am

My condolences and prayers go out to the family. I also work at a paper mill in Michigan, where we doze chip piles continuously. I've alerted our safety manager here and will talk with my buddies about operating safely !
JACKAZZFLATZ
JACKAZZFLATZ

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf August 8th 2012, 10:35 pm

That is as terrible as it gets. Sorry to hear that Rick.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  soupbean August 8th 2012, 11:07 pm

Man I hate to hear that! My wife and I run a contracting business specializing in rock quarries but do work in other similar industries including paper mills at times. Very dangerous work. Although safety has come so far in the last 15 years, you never know. It's scary sometimes being a part of industries that even though the yearly number has been drastically reduced over the years, still a high number of yearly fatalities. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
soupbean
soupbean

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum