BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shout out to kentucky boys

+2
83-88T-Bird Guy
dr's wife racing
6 posters

Go down

Shout out to kentucky boys Empty Shout out to kentucky boys

Post  dr's wife racing October 9th 2012, 12:39 pm

The race a Bowling Green was a blast I love that track.Things were great untill we got to the pay window when the NMRA was up to there usual antics.We all know how much they resepect bracket racers.It was a fine print deal in the back bottom corner of the new flyer so they didn't have to pay out as much money left me with less than 1/3 of what we thought we were racing for.Anyway ......
I made a hand shake deal with with two guys Brian and John Benard who are local to the bowling green area to split money in the finals.They are father and son team.THEY CAME TO ME.... and fixed the money split.That was the best thing anyone has ever done for me at the track. If anyone knows them shake their hand again for me they are great guys. They race in super pro in a dark red big tire foxbody with beadlocks on the back. Just goes to show there are still some good folks out there.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Shout out to kentucky boys Empty Re: Shout out to kentucky boys

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy October 9th 2012, 4:46 pm

Yeah, the NMRA may have pulled a fast one on me with the Sat. Bracket2 and Bracket3 combo race.
On their website they show B-3 only paying back to semis. I understand that. ( I did not know this until I got home)

They also show B-2 paying back to quarters.
I was one of 7 cars left in the B2 and B3 combo race.

When I went to the NMRA trailer to ask how far back B3 paid out, they said with 7 cars they do not pay anything. (they failed to realize B3 was racing B2 racers)

Dumb me....I should have said B2 because that might have got me a few bucks Rolling Eyes
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick October 9th 2012, 5:29 pm

Ward, Too bad about the payout deal...but pretty cool you found a couple of straight up guys in the process. I met most of my good friends at drag strips. Not like the circle track stuff....seems like somebody's always looking for a fight or sticking another racer into the wall.

I'll holler when I can get to Chilton.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing October 9th 2012, 7:32 pm

Give me as much notice as you can and we'll try and hook up.You have my ph. ##don't you ?
As for the way the NMRA did the pay out it was very misleading.I was not the only one mislead.There was alot of othre people unhappy about it.The thing I don't understand is it prob.Wouldn't have 1500 to 2000 dollars difference if they did the payout the way it was listed With out their new flyer.So why piss people off.Did ya'll see the ## of people there? They were short on cars in alot of their faster h/u class's.I know we were just time fillers and track sweepers,but ther was alot of good bracket cars there .I think we put on a pretty good side show.I mainly grudge race anyway and put the bracket car together for something to do.
If the amount of money they saved by doing this is that important to them they are in seriuos trouble anyway.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick532 October 9th 2012, 9:13 pm

I quit racing nmra event long ago do to similar antics and fine print .

maverick532

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior October 9th 2012, 9:15 pm

maverick532 wrote:I quit racing nmra event long ago do to similar antics and fine print .

X2
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy October 9th 2012, 9:18 pm

IMO, if it weren't for the True Street entries as well as the bracket cars, that series would go under.

Those TS guys pay $ 105 apiece to enter to try and win 100 bucks. ( unless they are one of the 2 quickest cars in class)
Strange...the class with the biggest car count has the lowest payout...LOL
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon October 10th 2012, 8:27 am

NMRA are a bunch of money grabbers to bracket racers. They won't be around much longer imo. The bracket money is going to pay the heads up purses. Let them pay their own way as far as i'm concerned. Mad

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing October 10th 2012, 12:13 pm

I didn't mean for this to be a rant about the NMRA.I know how the they are as I have raced a number of their event's thru the yr's.I will go back esp. to the one in Ky. because it is always so much fun. The track is super, swap meet car show,always seem to meet nice people,some I already know some I don't,like the ones I mentioned at the start of this post. I don't race for money.I would have starved to death a long time ago.I race because I love to be involved with racing.I have to work at letting it not become a job.
There will always cheapsters cheats and liers involved in this be it track owners,promoters or other racers. In the end I had a great time with with some of the best friends a man could have.A couple hundred more bucks from the pay window would have made it better,If they need it that bad to put on a show I can live without it.Call me a sheep to slaughter I guess.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy October 10th 2012, 8:40 pm

I see what you are saying Ward.
I race for fun. If I win cash, well that just makes my day even better. Very Happy

The thing I look forward to the most @ BG is seeing fellow 460 board members there.
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing October 12th 2012, 10:11 am

Your old motor did run good there didn't it. 4 back to back 6.32's and a 6.33. It was freaking them out when they said come back as quickly as you can,and I set a gas jug at the side of the stageing lanes and Jothan never stopped at the trailor again.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum