BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas on how to connect WOT switch

5 posters

Go down

Ideas on how to connect WOT switch Empty Ideas on how to connect WOT switch

Post  4604X4 November 10th 2012, 4:29 pm

I have a standard 4150 style carb with choke and vacuum secondaries. All of the WOT nitrous switches I have seen mount on the side of carb opposite linkage. This won't work when there is a choke mechanism and/or vacuum secondaries. The switch needs to be on the linkage side (or perhaps at the throttle pedal).
I rigged up the switch shown below - but I think there must be some better ideas out there. When I remove the carb I have to cut the wire then make up a new wire on reinstallation. The switch I used activates (closes contacts) when it is pulled and is spring loaded internally to open-contact position when released. I'm not even sure I could find a switch like this again if it wears-out/breaks.

Does someone make a better switch assembly?

Red wire pulls switch rod mounted on throttle cable bracket. Shown in WOT position:
Ideas on how to connect WOT switch NitrousSwitchON-1

Ideas on how to connect WOT switch NitrousSwitchOFF
4604X4
4604X4

Back to top Go down

Ideas on how to connect WOT switch Empty Re: Ideas on how to connect WOT switch

Post  quick 52 November 11th 2012, 9:43 am

they make some nice switches here mind
Ideas on how to connect WOT switch DSC05575

quick 52

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 November 11th 2012, 11:03 am

he has a choke that deal wont work.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  4604X4 November 12th 2012, 10:29 am

The setup I have now was thrown together with parts I had laying around the shop. I can't even find the switch I used anywhere. Cole Hersee (#9109) has a "cable pull" momentary On switch available but the mounting means is not as freindly as the switch I have. I could not find any other similar switch by any manufacture. This makes me belive my set up is a one-of-a-kind. So there must be others out there with similar carb style that has come up with a different way to activate NOS at WOT. Would a RPM activated switch work? I can't see how unless N2O can cme on aytime rpm is over (say) 4,000. Would this work for a standing start WOT application ( i assume it would then act as delayed activation switch - until rpm can get from idle to 4000 (however long that takes))?
4604X4
4604X4

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger November 14th 2012, 2:16 am

I helped a friend hook up his nitrous on vacuum secondary Carb with a standard WOT switch and it worked just like on a double pumper. If the secondaries are tuned correctly should work fine. He has had it on his street car for about ten years now with no issues.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra November 15th 2012, 12:01 pm

Heres a few i just make a bracket outta whatever i got laying around you can use or make just about anything to hold the switch, a buddy of mine at the track put his switch under his throttle pedal so the heat wouldnt kill it. And i've mounted a bracket off a valve cover before. Ideas on how to connect WOT switch Th_IMG_3377 Ideas on how to connect WOT switch Th_IMG_3379 Ideas on how to connect WOT switch Th_IMG_3378 Ideas on how to connect WOT switch Th_juicedtorinoandkassekiller028
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum