BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who all are Pitbull lovers?

+10
61coon
56Tbird
ThndrChkn
Curt
richter69
cool40
powerstrokeace
bbf-falcon
KY JELLY
bigblok2000ranger
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who all are Pitbull lovers? Empty Who all are Pitbull lovers?

Post  bigblok2000ranger November 16th 2012, 9:30 pm

I have been around Pits all my life and love them, a well bred and trained pit is an awesome companion. I currently have 7 purebreds. I have an adult male I have had since he was 5 1/2 weeks and a female that I got at 3 months old as partial payment on a engine swap I did and together they made 5 puppies. It is almost time to sell the puppies and as bad as it sounds there is one that I really hate to sell.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Who all are Pitbull lovers? Empty Re: Who all are Pitbull lovers?

Post  KY JELLY November 16th 2012, 9:52 pm

Dan hobbs has one that acts like he is going to bite your finger off but he is just kidding dont ask me how i know lol Very Happy
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon November 16th 2012, 10:04 pm

He's just a big puss. But me an TJ are buddy's.And i'm glad. He's a great dog.

Who all are Pitbull lovers? IMG_0683

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY November 16th 2012, 10:14 pm

I musta pissed him off when i spanked dans azz at that one bbf bash race , because we had been playing frisbee and stuff but like i said he was just kidding did not even scratch me and then wanted to jumpin my lap Shocked
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  powerstrokeace November 16th 2012, 10:21 pm

I have 3 of them. 2 are really my daughters but she's never really home and the 3rd one I got last Januray from Cale Aronson and Tinzy Smith. Her name was Aspen but we renamed her Ashley ( my mom has her). Ashley is the biggest lovable dog I have ever know in my life next to my 20lb male shitue Zu.
I have become to hate all the mediea bull shit on the BULLY stuff on these dogs. They are what you raise them to be. What about the Firefightter that was just killed by a 140lb Mastiff.

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger November 16th 2012, 10:23 pm

Both of mine think they are lap dogs, just big babies. The mother has to sleep in bed with me or she will whine until I let her up there. Three of the puppies are black and white and one is blue and white but there is an adorable female that is blue and white with brindle stripes through the blue with a white muzzle that has a black outline and one blue ear and one black ear. I would love to keep her for myself, lol.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger November 16th 2012, 10:27 pm

powerstrokeace wrote:I have 3 of them. 2 are really my daughters but she's never really home and the 3rd one I got last Januray from Cale Aronson and Tinzy Smith. Her name was Aspen but we renamed her Ashley ( my mom has her). Ashley is the biggest lovable dog I have ever know in my life next to my 20lb male shitue Zu.
I have become to hate all the mediea bull shit on the BULLY stuff on these dogs. They are what you raise them to be. What about the Firefightter that was just killed by a 140lb Mastiff.

Ace

I hear you, some are bred to be mean but that can be trained out of them. My now 5 yo daughter used to ride my dog around like a horse and he never minded one bit.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 November 16th 2012, 10:31 pm

i had one get a mouth full of me when i was about 13 or so.i'm just glad he was on a chain. none of them have ever hurt anybody.....till they do Suspect
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon November 16th 2012, 10:38 pm

Dan's dog TJ can be very intimidating if you don't know him. He's funny as hell though,he runs round/round Dan's T Bird when he fires it up,biting at the tires and exhaust.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 November 16th 2012, 10:40 pm

I like pussy.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger November 16th 2012, 10:42 pm

richter69 wrote:I like pussy.

Lol, the daughters 4 month old kitten has the 80 pound pitbull whooped in my house.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt November 16th 2012, 11:23 pm

Pit Bulls are like a loaded gun, safety off, finger taped to the trigger.

You may or may not fire on accident.

I love guns, you can unload them, put the safety on, and lock them up in a safe where others can hurt themselves. I deal with lawsuits all the time for dog liabilities. They are never from border collies.

I know you guys love you mean looking dogs that scare everyone. There is a reason that everyone is scared of them.

Here's one after eating a group of runners.

Who all are Pitbull lovers? IMGP0557
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 November 16th 2012, 11:54 pm

This past summer my step mom was walking here schnauzer and had a pit come over the fence and attack her dog for no damn reason, Sam survived but has permanant injuries, step mom got a few scrapes through the ordeal. needless to say the pit was uthanized. no lawsuits were filed, the pit owner did pay for Sams vet bill.

My cat did come in with a hole inmhis right ear yesterday, he is grounded now and may not be allowed outside ever again lol. not sure than will happen he is a loud little f-cker when he wants out.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger November 17th 2012, 12:32 am

Believe it or not before they were "pitbulls" they were bred to be a loyal mans dog and faithful companion and herding, they were then bred for the sport(I use sport loosely) of fighting but during the early part of last century when they were popular for fighting any dog that showed aggression towards humans was euthanized essentially eliminating the human aggression but then dog fighting became popular again and greedy SOB's were breeding them with other breeds to make them more aggressive because they wanted more of a show and this has resulted in quite a few bloodlines that have natural aggression bred into them. Their are some blood lines that never had this in them and many lines that did have been bred out as more and more people are using these dogs for sport. I know myself and many others are breeding for a good tempermented bloodline.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn November 17th 2012, 10:51 am

cool40 wrote:i had one get a mouth full of me when i was about 13 or so.i'm just glad he was on a chain. none of them have ever hurt anybody.....till they do Suspect

Agreed! My parents' neighbor has had 2, and both had to be put down because of biting/attacking of their own family members. Both were raised from pups, and in alot of instances, they would come right to you and lick your hand like they were the biggest babies on the planet. Then one day the last one grabbed one of their grandkids by the face and they had to nearly beat the dog dead to get him to let go.... Great dogs... We had a neighbor a number of years ago that had one also... Same as above, you could pet him all day long. Then one day he just decided to eventually kill my brother's dachshound; IN my brother's yard.. Even had a case where our county sherriff killed 2 of them with her service pistol because they were running through her neighborhood and killing small dogs, and cats if they could catch them... They were supposed to be good dogs as well... Like Curt said, Like a loaded gun...

I got no use for them, no better than a wolf in sheep's clothing as far as I'm concerned...
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird November 17th 2012, 9:51 pm

They can be dangerous,and you have to be careful with them. I've had 3 of them. 2 brindles that look like clones of each other,and a red nose.My daughter drug the Red Nose one in here. I ended up taking it to the pound.My 1st Brindle was named Tonka, he was the best ,most loyal dog I've ever seen,he got hit by a truck 3 weeks after my dad passed. I spent the last time of my dad's life looking everywhere for one just like Old Tonk,he wanted one just like him, they were best buddies. Well ,I guess Dad got him after all. It took me 9 months to decide I wanted another one and 6 more months to find this Clown I've got now.He's T.J. ( Tonka Jr.)He's not as people friendly as Tonk was.He's funny as hell,but doesn't travel well,he gets motion sickness. He's great with other animals,which the other wasn't. They're totally different in manors.He's never bit anyone other that KY Jelly...lol....but he acts like he'll eat your ass off when anyone pulls up here.They are a big liability,you have to be very careful with them. Because no matter how easy going they are, the right person sets them off and they can very dangerous. I live in the country and have a fenced yard in the back for him and our wolf dog,T.j. runs loose when I'm in the shop,if I know someone is coming I usually put him up.He lives inside with me,and I don't think anyone wants to come in here uninvited. I know he'll deter them long enough for me to get a weapon to finish whatever he doesn't. I'm leary of them because I know exactlly how strong and bad they can be.....I just say be very careful with them if you have one. One time can change a life forever. My Dad raised White German Shepards for many years,he had a male that was the meanest ,most vicious dog I have ever been around.he bit me and my daughter and a few others.I'd have took that dog out of existance if he'd have been mine. Dogs are dogs...we can't talk to them to know what they really think ,all you can do is be a responsible owner and hope all goes well...
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt November 18th 2012, 1:51 am

56Tbird wrote:They can be dangerous,and you have to be careful with them. I've had 3 of them. 2 brindles that look like clones of each other,and a red nose.My daughter drug the Red Nose one in here. I ended up taking it to the pound.My 1st Brindle was named Tonka, he was the best ,most loyal dog I've ever seen,he got hit by a truck 3 weeks after my dad passed. I spent the last time of my dad's life looking everywhere for one just like Old Tonk,he wanted one just like him, they were best buddies. Well ,I guess Dad got him after all. It took me 9 months to decide I wanted another one and 6 more months to find this Clown I've got now.He's T.J. ( Tonka Jr.)He's not as people friendly as Tonk was.He's funny as hell,but doesn't travel well,he gets motion sickness. He's great with other animals,which the other wasn't. They're totally different in manors.He's never bit anyone other that KY Jelly...lol....but he acts like he'll eat your ass off when anyone pulls up here.They are a big liability,you have to be very careful with them. Because no matter how easy going they are, the right person sets them off and they can very dangerous. I live in the country and have a fenced yard in the back for him and our wolf dog,T.j. runs loose when I'm in the shop,if I know someone is coming I usually put him up.He lives inside with me,and I don't think anyone wants to come in here uninvited. I know he'll deter them long enough for me to get a weapon to finish whatever he doesn't. I'm leary of them because I know exactlly how strong and bad they can be.....I just say be very careful with them if you have one. One time can change a life forever. My Dad raised White German Shepards for many years,he had a male that was the meanest ,most vicious dog I have ever been around.he bit me and my daughter and a few others.I'd have took that dog out of existance if he'd have been mine. Dogs are dogs...we can't talk to them to know what they really think ,all you can do is be a responsible owner and hope all goes well...

Dano, that is the most (only) responsible pit bull statement I have ever heard from an owner. Thanks
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  61coon November 18th 2012, 2:21 am

That was a good statement Dan. My dog is a pit bull and Black Lab mix. He's not aggressive at all. Best dog i've ever had.
61coon
61coon

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 November 18th 2012, 2:23 am

Curt wrote:
56Tbird wrote:They can be dangerous,and you have to be careful with them. I've had 3 of them. 2 brindles that look like clones of each other,and a red nose.My daughter drug the Red Nose one in here. I ended up taking it to the pound.My 1st Brindle was named Tonka, he was the best ,most loyal dog I've ever seen,he got hit by a truck 3 weeks after my dad passed. I spent the last time of my dad's life looking everywhere for one just like Old Tonk,he wanted one just like him, they were best buddies. Well ,I guess Dad got him after all. It took me 9 months to decide I wanted another one and 6 more months to find this Clown I've got now.He's T.J. ( Tonka Jr.)He's not as people friendly as Tonk was.He's funny as hell,but doesn't travel well,he gets motion sickness. He's great with other animals,which the other wasn't. They're totally different in manors.He's never bit anyone other that KY Jelly...lol....but he acts like he'll eat your ass off when anyone pulls up here.They are a big liability,you have to be very careful with them. Because no matter how easy going they are, the right person sets them off and they can very dangerous. I live in the country and have a fenced yard in the back for him and our wolf dog,T.j. runs loose when I'm in the shop,if I know someone is coming I usually put him up.He lives inside with me,and I don't think anyone wants to come in here uninvited. I know he'll deter them long enough for me to get a weapon to finish whatever he doesn't. I'm leary of them because I know exactlly how strong and bad they can be.....I just say be very careful with them if you have one. One time can change a life forever. My Dad raised White German Shepards for many years,he had a male that was the meanest ,most vicious dog I have ever been around.he bit me and my daughter and a few others.I'd have took that dog out of existance if he'd have been mine. Dogs are dogs...we can't talk to them to know what they really think ,all you can do is be a responsible owner and hope all goes well...

Dano, that is the most (only) responsible pit bull statement I have ever heard from an owner. Thanks
it is hard to say,but.....i agree with Curt Razz
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  61coon November 18th 2012, 2:26 am

^^^^^ Too funny Lee lol!
61coon
61coon

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon November 18th 2012, 8:12 am

Dan had TJ clipped at a young age also,and I thing that makes a huge difference w/aggressive breed dogs.That along w/raising them to not be mean/aggressive.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt November 18th 2012, 11:30 am

cool40 wrote:it is hard to say,but.....i agree with Curt Razz

Ha ha ha tongue
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger November 18th 2012, 11:37 am

Socializing them with other dogs and breeds from an early age is VERY important, I always socialize my dogs!
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 November 18th 2012, 11:44 am

What you need to be doing is Socializing with your TRUCK, Or it wont be done next year either

BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird November 18th 2012, 12:29 pm

Everyone has their own feelings about things. I keep a shock collar on T.J. anytime I take him out.I want to make sure he obeys me every second in public. You take a big risk owning a Pit, because they do have a bad rap,but owner responsibility is a big thing. He's my best buddy,so I feel it's my job to keep him safe too.
I've sat on him hard every since he was 5 weeks old,and will never let him get away with any kind of behavior I don't like.If he ever bit someone for some reason other than protecting me or my property and had to be put down for something I could have prevented, I'd feel responsible for him and whoever else would be involved.He's a great dog ,don't get me wrong, as a dog owner you need to be extremely careful,that's with any breed big enough to inflict harm on a person or other animal.If your not ,you shouldn't have one.He can stand flatfooted and clear a 4' fence too.I had him neutered at 10 months because I wasn't going to breed him and I wanted to make him as calm as possible and he's less likely to run off.He won't leave my yard,he's had alot of shock treatments to learn the road is his enemy Wink I wouldn't take anything for him,but I'm not sure at my age I'll get another dog that requires so much time and attention.He'll be 5 in december,so hopefully he'll be with me for 10 more years or so cheers king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next