BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intake manifold help needed

5 posters

Go down

Intake manifold help needed Empty Intake manifold help needed

Post  FASTLane October 11th 2009, 4:45 pm

Hi guys, Im running a 588 inch BBF in a drag race class that must use the correct 429SCJ intake. Im looking for someone who can work magic with this intake. The plenum has been enlarged, but its still down 35hp from a dual plane aluminum, on the dyno. Im willing to go to extremes to make this work (grinding, welding, cutting open, acid porting,epoxy etc) Motor makes 800hp at the flywheel with D00E-R heads, Cast manifolds, dual plane and vacuum secondary Holley 750 worked to 1000+ cfm, 2 1/2 dual exhaust.
I'm 2 mph behind the record holder. (1969 corvette)
Can someone point me the right expert?

FASTLane

Back to top Go down

Intake manifold help needed Empty Re: Intake manifold help needed

Post  Nevs October 11th 2009, 4:58 pm

I'd call Charlie Evans, 270-685-4654. If he can't do it (and I'd be surprised if he couldn't) he will know someone who can. Idea
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty October 11th 2009, 5:06 pm

Another option would be Bret Powell, he has some significant experience with these manifolds for Street Stock truck pulling. Blake Cartwright(IDT 572) is another good guy.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon October 11th 2009, 7:26 pm

This is the site w/the guy's that can do it if it can be done.This list is not in any specific pecking order
1.Bret Powell
2.Scott Johnston (Mad Porter)
3 Charlie Evans
4.Blake Cartwright (IDT-572)
and possibly more

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  FASTLane October 12th 2009, 5:22 pm

Thanks Guys!

FASTLane

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans October 12th 2009, 8:45 pm

FASTLane wrote:Hi guys, Im running a 588 inch BBF in a drag race class that must use the correct 429SCJ intake. Im looking for someone who can work magic with this intake. The plenum has been enlarged, but its still down 35hp from a dual plane aluminum, on the dyno. Im willing to go to extremes to make this work (grinding, welding, cutting open, acid porting,epoxy etc) Motor makes 800hp at the flywheel with D00E-R heads, Cast manifolds, dual plane and vacuum secondary Holley 750 worked to 1000+ cfm, 2 1/2 dual exhaust.
I'm 2 mph behind the record holder. (1969 corvette)
Can someone point me the right expert?

FastLane,

I am assuming that Tim Zepp built your engine, because he asked me about an almost identical deal at the EMC contest. I suggested Greg Gessler there in New Jersey, and that wasn't an viable answer, because I believe you race against him in some of the FAST classes. So,,,,,since I am so tired of getting my eyeballs drilled from porting cast iron, even though I wear safety goggles,,,,,I then suggested Bret Powell there in Iberia, Missouri. Tim has his contact information. The manifold will need to be cut open, on the underneath side, and then rewelded.

Hope this helps,
Charlie Evans

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down