BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing with Desktop Dyno. Which duration number to use.

4 posters

Go down

Playing with Desktop Dyno. Which duration number to use. Empty Playing with Desktop Dyno. Which duration number to use.

Post  HorsinAround January 17th 2013, 1:04 pm

Was bored yesterday at lunch and was playing around with Desktop dyno to see how duration and lift affect the BBF. Which is the more accurate duration number to use. Seat to seat (advertised) or @.050?

AP
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

http://www.frontpagefab.com

Back to top Go down

Playing with Desktop Dyno. Which duration number to use. Empty Re: Playing with Desktop Dyno. Which duration number to use.

Post  rmcomprandy January 17th 2013, 1:44 pm

HorsinAround wrote:Was bored yesterday at lunch and was playing around with Desktop dyno to see how duration and lift affect the BBF. Which is the more accurate duration number to use. Seat to seat (advertised) or @.050?

AP

Use both and take the average ... neither will be right but, you might get an idea of where to go from there.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Playing with Desktop Dyno. Which duration number to use. Empty Re: Playing with Desktop Dyno. Which duration number to use.

Post  IDT-572 January 17th 2013, 6:12 pm

The sim is always short on hp from all the ones I have put on a real dyno. About 100 hp on a real 800 hp engine.

But it it was closer on actual tq. and hp. peaks and trending changes.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power January 19th 2013, 12:10 am

IDT-572 wrote:The sim is always short on hp from all the ones I have put on a real dyno. About 100 hp on a real 800 hp engine.

But it it was closer on actual tq. and hp. peaks and trending changes.
Soooooooooo I have a 650 hp In my truck!!!!????? affraid Laughing I like being able to get a general idea of the power curves and where they peak. Never put anything on a real dyno but peak hp rpm's seem to match well with the two engines I've entered in the software and built.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum