BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHASSIS CERT QUESTIONS

4 posters

Go down

CHASSIS CERT QUESTIONS  Empty CHASSIS CERT QUESTIONS

Post  EIGHTSECOND67 January 23rd 2013, 3:19 pm

I HAVE A CAR I BOUGHT WITH A EXPIRED IHRA CERT .. SPORTSMAN CHASSIS CERTIFICATION .# 033651 , IT WAS CERTED ON 2006 . I KNOW ITS OUT BUT I WAS WANTING TO KNOW WAHT WAS IT CERTED TO AND WHAT IF ANY WILL I HAVE TO DO TO GET A RECERT .. IT IS A BACK HALF STREET CAR ,,#3200 , WITH A CHROME MOLY / TIG WELDED CAGE

EIGHTSECOND67

Back to top Go down

CHASSIS CERT QUESTIONS  Empty Re: CHASSIS CERT QUESTIONS

Post  whatbumper January 23rd 2013, 3:33 pm

if the 25.5, 25.2, 25.4, or 25.1 tags are not punched then it is 8.50.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  EIGHTSECOND67 January 23rd 2013, 4:13 pm

I DIDNT SEE NOTHING ELSE PUNCHED BUT MARCH / 2006 /BUT ILL LOOK AGAIN .. ALSO ANY IDEA ON UPDATES IT WOULD NEED ?? ALSO HOW MANY YEARS DOES A IHRA STICKER LAST ? ALSO IF NEEDED UPDATES WHERE COULD I GET A BOOK OR PAGE TO LOOK AT SO I KNOW WHERE TO GO .. THANKS FOR THE INFO LARRY

EIGHTSECOND67

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper January 23rd 2013, 8:57 pm

If your are trying to get a faster cert then get on the sfi site and order a book if you are doing it yourself.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  EIGHTSECOND67 January 23rd 2013, 9:15 pm

no i was wondering .. being the ( cert ) is out what would it ( need ) to recert to 850 again .. i was looking for some info .but hey its alright ill keep on looking and get what i need to know . i thought this was a forum to ask questions and get answers and to chat about on going stuff the average person wants to know ...and i thought you knew about chassis work .i wasnt looking for something for nothing .. thanks larry

EIGHTSECOND67

Back to top Go down

Post  EIGHTSECOND67 January 23rd 2013, 9:19 pm

as all the previous messages were asking were about the sticker / cert / how long it was good for / never stated i wanted to update to a lower cert .. updates i was asking about were that might need to be done on my current set up .... i was asking on what would need to be done to keep / recert to the current spec 850..

EIGHTSECOND67

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper January 23rd 2013, 11:54 pm

EIGHTSECOND67 wrote:as all the previous messages were asking were about the sticker / cert / how long it was good for / never stated i wanted to update to a lower cert .. updates i was asking about were that might need to be done on my current set up .... i was asking on what would need to be done to keep / recert to the current spec 850..

Then all you need to do is pay the money to get a new sticker. You mentioned updates which in my mind means going faster. 3 years normally about $75-$80 for sportsman sticker

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper January 23rd 2013, 11:58 pm

FYI, I wasn't being a smartass. Those books are copyrighted and cost us money so I Thought I was leading you in the right direction.

Don't worry though, as not to bother you again, I will no longer reply to you since you got so many other replies.

Good luck.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger January 24th 2013, 12:43 am

Find the nearest IHRA inspector and contact him or her to see of there are any upgrades needed since the last inspection to avoid a failed inspection and money wasted.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE January 24th 2013, 2:05 am

Larry calm down, 'bumper wasn't being an asshole, he's just trying to help you. The way I read your post I too thought you wanted to "upgrade" to one of the faster SFI certs as well. But if all you need is a 8.50 & slower chassis/cage cert then the specs/drawings in a NHRA/IHRA rule book is all you need to know if your car might still pass the current cert for 8.50.

But remember the cage/chassis will still have to pass a sonic test (for correct tube wall thickness) even if your your current setup has all the right bars in the correct places. So the cage can "look" correct and still fail if the sonic test shows if one/any/all of the tube material is too thin.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down