BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This flu is no joke

+9
56Tbird
zbob
61coon
richter69
ThndrChkn
f250mike
maverick
blown86hallet
Mike R
13 posters

Go down

This flu is no joke Empty This flu is no joke

Post  Mike R January 29th 2013, 1:05 am

Woke up feeling crappy last Thursday and went to work late. Ended up leaving early, took off Friday and spent the weekend in bed. Went to work today feeling like I got hit by a truck but managed to get some work done. I called the Doctors office and the nurse told me this can go on like this for 2-3 weeks, I've coughed myself blind and I'm hacking up blood. Get your flu shots if you haven't already, this shit is no joke.

Mike R

Back to top Go down

This flu is no joke Empty Re: This flu is no joke

Post  blown86hallet January 29th 2013, 7:28 am

Mike R wrote:Woke up feeling crappy last Thursday and went to work late. Ended up leaving early, took off Friday and spent the weekend in bed. Went to work today feeling like I got hit by a truck but managed to get some work done. I called the Doctors office and the nurse told me this can go on like this for 2-3 weeks, I've coughed myself blind and I'm hacking up blood. Get your flu shots if you haven't already, this shit is no joke.

Brother tell me about it. I caught it over Christmas. Dry heaving 60 plus times, pissing out my ass, Yes i sounded like a woman taking a piss out my ass! I so needed ALOE ass-wipe!!!! That shit kicked me right in the gut! Lost 10lbs, weak as hell at the gym for weeks, but now back up to 236lbs and feeling much much better.!!!!!
blown86hallet
blown86hallet

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick January 29th 2013, 9:03 am

I've got the flu shots for the last 3 years. Can't believe I waited so long....They work. Cool
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  f250mike February 1st 2013, 12:13 am

blown86hallet wrote:
Mike R wrote:Woke up feeling crappy last Thursday and went to work late. Ended up leaving early, took off Friday and spent the weekend in bed. Went to work today feeling like I got hit by a truck but managed to get some work done. I called the Doctors office and the nurse told me this can go on like this for 2-3 weeks, I've coughed myself blind and I'm hacking up blood. Get your flu shots if you haven't already, this shit is no joke.

Brother tell me about it. I caught it over Christmas. Dry heaving 60 plus times, pissing out my ass, Yes i sounded like a woman taking a piss out my ass! I so needed ALOE ass-wipe!!!! That shit kicked me right in the gut! Lost 10lbs, weak as hell at the gym for weeks, but now back up to 236lbs and feeling much much better.!!!!!

The flu shot doesn't make you imune from this crap. The flu shot and 7 days of antibiotics for a sinus deal and still got it. It's been 6 days of eating bananas and drinking sprite! How long does it last?
f250mike
f250mike

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn February 1st 2013, 12:29 am

Some people around here have fought it for 2-3 weeks before they were over it enough to get back to work or other normal activities... Others only had to deal with it for a few days. The ones who fought it the longest around here, were all smokers, and don't take care of themselves that well...
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R February 1st 2013, 1:19 am

Been a week for me, went back to work on Monday, didn't get much done though. Just starting to feel better but the nurse at the Dr. office said it can take 2-4 weeks and they've been having people feel better only to have it come back and really kick their ass. I just want it to be over, go to see the Dr. on Monday, we'll see what he has to say.

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 1st 2013, 8:54 am

no flu shot for me, wife and kid gets um..... we all got the flu last winter........... why bother.

just getting over a reg old head cold, im good now.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  61coon February 1st 2013, 9:52 am

I got the flu shot once back in 06. 2 weeks later I got the flu. Sickest I've ever been. No more flu shot for me. Hope you get over that crap soon, it sucks.
61coon
61coon

Back to top Go down

Post  zbob February 1st 2013, 10:33 am

don't lick the yellow snow. helps a lot....bobn

zbob

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird February 1st 2013, 11:35 am

I got that shit before Xmas and after 2 rounds of antibiotics I think I may be getting over it now!
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  70FB February 1st 2013, 9:01 pm

No flu shot for me and family either. I do smoke but also don't trust the government that much.....
70FB
70FB
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon February 2nd 2013, 12:12 pm

maverick wrote:I've got the flu shots for the last 3 years. Can't believe I waited so long....They work. Cool

X2. Works great for me. Fingers and toes all crossed though. Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  f250mike February 2nd 2013, 2:15 pm

I called my Dr yesterday. The nurse said this bug in our area has been usually lasting around 9 days.
I'm feeling a lot better today. Just feels like I have a bowling ball in my stomach.
Good luck to any of you guys who get this crap! Lots of water,bananas,rice,and yogurt will make it a little easier in more ways than I want to explain Twisted Evil
f250mike
f250mike

Back to top Go down

Post  61coon February 4th 2013, 9:10 pm

I think my dog has the flu......
61coon
61coon

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf February 4th 2013, 11:41 pm

It is a great ab workout though.... Very Happy Last time I had a flu my ribs hurt for a week from blowing chunks for 24 hours.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power February 7th 2013, 2:48 am

I caught the bug too, kind of hard not to when I got to a school with so many kids. Probably tons of germs. Dad says flu shot, mom says no, I say I've never gotten it and I don't care to. But if this keeps getting worse I may start getting them.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down