BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

edelbrock performer or weiand stealth intake? Cam?

3 posters

Go down

edelbrock performer  or weiand stealth  intake?  Cam? Empty edelbrock performer or weiand stealth intake? Cam?

Post  77ford February 6th 2013, 9:36 pm

460 .020 unknowen cam told rv? dove heads , in a 4x4 daily driver play truck. I have an edelbrock performer intake on it now wondered if the weiand intake will be better?

I have another truck with stock 460 so thought about getting the weiand for the first truck and putting the edelbrock on the other.

I plan to change cam also would like suggestions on that also. Big heavy 4x4 .. without changing anything in the heads

The weiand is a lot cheaper so that's why i thought about going this way on a budget! But dont want to hurt performance i have now. This is not a race engine , in a heavy truck .

sorry i would have done more of a search on this but i am lucky to get this junk internet to work at all!

thanks!

77ford

Back to top Go down

edelbrock performer  or weiand stealth  intake?  Cam? Empty Re: edelbrock performer or weiand stealth intake? Cam?

Post  rmcomprandy February 7th 2013, 12:09 am

77ford wrote:460 .020 unknowen cam told rv? dove heads , in a 4x4 daily driver play truck. I have an edelbrock performer intake on it now wondered if the weiand intake will be better?

I have another truck with stock 460 so thought about getting the weiand for the first truck and putting the edelbrock on the other.

I plan to change cam also would like suggestions on that also. Big heavy 4x4 .. without changing anything in the heads

The weiand is a lot cheaper so that's why i thought about going this way on a budget! But dont want to hurt performance i have now. This is not a race engine , in a heavy truck .

sorry i would have done more of a search on this but i am lucky to get this junk internet to work at all!

thanks!

Get an Edelbrock "Performar RPM" or the Ford Racing counterpart.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

edelbrock performer  or weiand stealth  intake?  Cam? Empty Re: edelbrock performer or weiand stealth intake? Cam?

Post  LivermoreDave February 9th 2013, 10:48 am

rmcomprandy wrote:
Get an Edelbrock "Performar RPM" or the Ford Racing counterpart.

Randy I'm curious, and would like to pry into your enormous bank of knowledge if I may? Given the application listed, why suggest the Edelbrock Performer RPM intake instead of the Edelbrock Performer? The Weiand Stealth and the Edelbrock Performer RPM have the same advertised operating range of 1500 - 6500 RPM and the Edelbrock Performer's operating range is idle to 5500 RPM. I can however testify that the Edelbrock Performer as part of my 466 D3 headed pickup works great! Maybe one of the other two choices you mention may work better? In reference to camshafts relative to the application, I installed a COMP version of a 4X4 camshaft. If I remember correctly, the intake lobe was a bit less than the HI-ENERGY 260 lobe and the exhaust was close to the HI-ENERGY 268 lobe, both lobes offered valve lift near 1/2". Moral of my story, it's a working deal!

P.S. I'm assuming the Weiand intake of question is the Stealth version, if the Weiand Action+Plus intake is a choice, it may work as well as the Edelbrock Performer, and at less cost, as mentioned in the original post.

Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down