BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

429cj exhaust crossover runner for Q-Jet divorced choke

2 posters

Go down

429cj exhaust crossover runner for Q-Jet divorced choke Empty 429cj exhaust crossover runner for Q-Jet divorced choke

Post  btpigpen February 7th 2013, 8:10 am

This sheet metal piece runs from the passenger DOOE head exhaust crossover port to underneath the Quadrajet divorced choke housing. It clips on to underneath the stock iron CJ manifold. I realize it is practically "unobtainium" these days and I've been running without it for the last 15 months after losing mine during a rebuild. I don't want to convert to a manual choke. If you know of any leads on this please let me know. Thank you!

btpigpen

Back to top Go down

429cj exhaust crossover runner for Q-Jet divorced choke Empty I think I have what you need

Post  manofmerc February 14th 2013, 6:29 am

You are talking about the oblong piece that goes into the intake where the heat riser is correct ?I have one I saved from a cj intake many years ago .I will send you a pm. doug

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

429cj exhaust crossover runner for Q-Jet divorced choke Empty What I want fits underneath the oblong piece you have

Post  btpigpen February 14th 2013, 8:39 pm

Hey, thanks for the reply, but I have the piece you describe. The part I am missing is a sheet metal bridge that clips underneath the intake manifold and channels heat from that DOOE head exhaust crossover port to underneath the heat riser hole in the intake manifold that you describe above. This missing part basically cooks the part you have so it warms faster than it would otherwise. I guess all the Ford guys ditched their Q-Jets over the years and this piece has faded into obscurity; and someone suggested my divorced choke set up may only be for the 4 speed CJs; not the autos. And then the Mustang-Cougar Megasite doesn't even acknowledge its existence with their detailed breakdown. I am neither a racer nor a concourse restoration guy. I just like the nostalgia of how things originally were back in the day.

btpigpen

Back to top Go down

429cj exhaust crossover runner for Q-Jet divorced choke Empty Sorry I couldnt help

Post  manofmerc February 15th 2013, 7:15 am

I thought I had what you needed .I imagine you are going to have a hard time finding that piece real 429 cj intakes are obscure .And the little pieces that make up a cj intake ae more so .Good luck and what is your cj engine in ? Doug

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

429cj exhaust crossover runner for Q-Jet divorced choke Empty '70 Ranchero 500

Post  btpigpen February 15th 2013, 11:56 am

Yes, I agree; probably will not be able to find this part, but every once & awhile I may surface and see if anyone bites. My car is a definite "10-20 footer", but the engine compartment looks really good for a few more years after the rebuild. Thanks again!

btpigpen

Back to top Go down

429cj exhaust crossover runner for Q-Jet divorced choke Empty Re: 429cj exhaust crossover runner for Q-Jet divorced choke

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum