BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil Pan Plug Tapped For Temp Sensor

4 posters

Go down

Oil Pan Plug Tapped For Temp Sensor Empty Oil Pan Plug Tapped For Temp Sensor

Post  1faststang March 8th 2013, 9:19 am

I thought I've seen these on here before.. but I can't seem to find them. Is there a Oil Pan Plug actually made that has a bung to accept a Oil Temp Sensor??.. Maybe Lem sells them??. Thanks For your help!
1faststang
1faststang

Back to top Go down

Oil Pan Plug Tapped For Temp Sensor Empty Re: Oil Pan Plug Tapped For Temp Sensor

Post  Curt March 8th 2013, 11:43 am

All that I have seen have come from well intentioned racers. Just make sure you center it up when you get ready to drill. Arrow
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Oil Pan Plug Tapped For Temp Sensor Empty Re: Oil Pan Plug Tapped For Temp Sensor

Post  John Myrick March 8th 2013, 12:40 pm

I think he's looking for a NPT threaded adapter to go in place of the drain plug so he can screw the heater into.
John Myrick
John Myrick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  1faststang March 8th 2013, 1:38 pm

John Myrick wrote:I think he's looking for a NPT threaded adapter to go in place of the drain plug so he can screw the heater into.

Yeah pretty much.. Instead of drilling my oil pan and welding a bung in for a Oil Temp Sensor. I thought I seen something on here before where either someone used or sold a fitting.. or some sort of adaptor to fit this sensor in the oil plug drain.. or the plug itself. I maybe wrong though!. Smile
1faststang
1faststang

Back to top Go down

Post  John Myrick March 8th 2013, 1:52 pm

My oil temp fitting is a 3/8"NPT thread, so I'm sure there is a fitting out there that will work. I need to change the oil out this weekend so I'll check the threads in the pan.
John Myrick
John Myrick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  1faststang March 8th 2013, 2:16 pm

John Myrick wrote:My oil temp fitting is a 3/8"NPT thread, so I'm sure there is a fitting out there that will work. I need to change the oil out this weekend so I'll check the threads in the pan.

Awesome.. Thanks!
1faststang
1faststang

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy March 8th 2013, 7:41 pm

John Myrick wrote:My oil temp fitting is a 3/8"NPT thread, so I'm sure there is a fitting out there that will work. I need to change the oil out this weekend so I'll check the threads in the pan.

3/8 NPT is larger than a 1/2 x 20 bolt thread oil pan plug in most pans.

1/8 NPT is about 3/8" in diameter.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum