BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll cage tubing

2 posters

Go down

Roll cage tubing Empty Roll cage tubing

Post  Mike R March 28th 2013, 12:08 am

I'm going to order a roll cage kit for my car, going with MS and I'm wondering if I should go with 1-5/8 x .134” HREW or 1-3/4 x .120 DOM tubing. I'm leaning towards a Chris Alston kit be cause they have the front/ ws bars and a top ws bar rather than a halo. Thoughts and input much appreciated.

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Roll cage tubing Empty Re: Roll cage tubing

Post  DILLIGASDAVE March 28th 2013, 2:19 am

If it's a full roll cage I would go with the minimum required OD of 1-5/8". If you're lucky the 1-5/8" .134" wall HREW stuff will have a really loose tolerance and sonic test down to about a .124" to .127" wall so it won't be too much of an extra weight penalty over the .118" minimum.

I prefer the separate windshield bars each side with a cross bar at the top of the windshield vs the halo loop setup. The halo setup is usually easier to install, but the separate setup w/cross bar usually gives you a tighter fitting cage to the A pillars on a lot of cars. Plus the halo has a greater chance of having to hang down into the field of vision a little (sometimes) where the cross bar setup usually has a small bend on each end to help get it up-out of the way.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum