What's she gonna run?

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Re: What's she gonna run?

Post  4thHorseman on May 14th 2013, 7:30 pm

That is plain bad a$$! And holy axle wrap batman.

Might I suggest Caltracs? I absolutely love mine. If you get them for your truck, try the lower hole first due to the long length of the vehicle and give'em 1/8" gap. You won't believe the difference. Hook in a car wash. And no more worrying about crapping a universal and the destruction that follows that event.

Oh yeah, make sure your spring perches are stout. Ask me how I know... pale
avatar
4thHorseman

Posts : 400
Join date : 2009-08-13
Location : Albuquerque, NM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What's she gonna run?

Post  bb429power on May 14th 2013, 7:57 pm

4thHorseman wrote:That is plain bad a$$! And holy axle wrap batman.

Might I suggest Caltracs? I absolutely love mine. If you get them for your truck, try the lower hole first due to the long length of the vehicle and give'em 1/8" gap. You won't believe the difference. Hook in a car wash. And no more worrying about crapping a universal and the destruction that follows that event.

Oh yeah, make sure your spring perches are stout. Ask me how I know... pale
I think the driveshaft may have made contact with the pinion yoke at one point before this drive. I'm ahead of you on the caltracs, ordered em last week Razz Thanks for the tuning tip, from what I have read, the lower hole helps lift the front end more. Does that sound right?
avatar
bb429power

Posts : 3128
Join date : 2010-02-13
Age : 24
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What's she gonna run?

Post  4thHorseman on May 14th 2013, 8:47 pm

Yes. On a longer vehicle with a weight bias to the front it will put the instant center closer to where you need it to leverage the front up and put the weight of the whole truck onto those rear tires. A slight gap in the adjustment makes it hit hard. The more preload the softer the hit.
avatar
4thHorseman

Posts : 400
Join date : 2009-08-13
Location : Albuquerque, NM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What's she gonna run?

Post  bb429power on May 14th 2013, 8:59 pm

Okay, that makes sense Smile Also, this means I can make up my own brackets or buy the truck brackets, then put it in the lowest hole and pull wheelies Razz
avatar
bb429power

Posts : 3128
Join date : 2010-02-13
Age : 24
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What's she gonna run?

Post  bb429power on May 19th 2013, 4:54 pm

Does anyone know....?




What cleaner works best on feces? Everyone has been shittin themselves in the passenger seat lol!


Caltracs worked great, might shim the axle down a little, might add some preload and see what she does. I'll upload the video and see what you guys think about my pinion angle. I love that I can cruise in it like a tame street car, not shift it, idles down nice, runs great on regular, and runs at 180* without any issues....Then I can haul ass like no tomorrow!!! Suspension feels a lot more solid, and a bit stiffer. My one buddy heard me drive all over town from his house, he said it sounded awesome and he could hear it clearly. My other friend who does more burnouts and drifting that anyone else we know has a 68 f100, and said my big block pulled way harder than his 427 or 302 ever could. cheers Whips to the side and roasts the 13" tires no problemo...
avatar
bb429power

Posts : 3128
Join date : 2010-02-13
Age : 24
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What's she gonna run?

Post  bb429power on May 20th 2013, 6:54 pm

What do you guys think? And hows my pinion angle? This is at a neutral preload setting, no gap but no preload. I couldn't get the wrenches on the lock nuts because of ground clearance so I got it tight by hand just to test. First launch is at 8:30, then I got really sideways a little after but you can't tell.

avatar
bb429power

Posts : 3128
Join date : 2010-02-13
Age : 24
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What's she gonna run?

Post  4thHorseman on May 20th 2013, 6:56 pm

I bought the correct wrench and cut it in half with a cutoff wheel.
avatar
4thHorseman

Posts : 400
Join date : 2009-08-13
Location : Albuquerque, NM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What's she gonna run?

Post  bb429power on May 20th 2013, 6:58 pm

4thHorseman wrote:I bought the correct wrench and cut it in half with a cutoff wheel.
I was thinking about cutting out my own custom wrench from a sheet of thick steel, but yours sounds like a better idea.
avatar
bb429power

Posts : 3128
Join date : 2010-02-13
Age : 24
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What's she gonna run?

Post  61coon on June 7th 2013, 6:10 pm

Bump! Did you ever make it back to the track?
avatar
61coon

Posts : 1818
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 41
Location : Hillsboro,TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What's she gonna run?

Post  bb429power on June 8th 2013, 10:37 pm

Haven't been able to make it back out, it's killing me!
avatar
bb429power

Posts : 3128
Join date : 2010-02-13
Age : 24
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What's she gonna run?

Post  whitefield on June 8th 2013, 11:35 pm

bb429power wrote:Haven't been able to make it back out, it's killing me!

Did you ever get the Caltracks on ?
avatar
whitefield

Posts : 2216
Join date : 2009-08-23
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What's she gonna run?

Post  61coon on June 9th 2013, 9:30 am

bb429power wrote:Does anyone know....?




What cleaner works best on feces? Everyone has been shittin themselves in the passenger seat lol!


Caltracs worked great, might shim the axle down a little, might add some preload and see what she does. I'll upload the video and see what you guys think about my pinion angle. I love that I can cruise in it like a tame street car, not shift it, idles down nice, runs great on regular, and runs at 180* without any issues....Then I can haul ass like no tomorrow!!! Suspension feels a lot more solid, and a bit stiffer. My one buddy heard me drive all over town from his house, he said it sounded awesome and he could hear it clearly. My other friend who does more burnouts and drifting that anyone else we know has a 68 f100, and said my big block pulled way harder than his 427 or 302 ever could. cheers Whips to the side and roasts the 13" tires no problemo...
avatar
61coon

Posts : 1818
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 41
Location : Hillsboro,TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What's she gonna run?

Post  bb429power on June 9th 2013, 11:45 pm

The plan is to take it out the end of this month and see where it stands now, still needs more/better carb. Wouldn't mind getting an E85 setup
avatar
bb429power

Posts : 3128
Join date : 2010-02-13
Age : 24
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What's she gonna run?

Post  69F100 on June 10th 2013, 1:23 am

bb429power wrote:The plan is to take it out the end of this month and see where it stands now, still needs more/better carb. Wouldn't mind getting an E85 setup

The 460 when it goes in my 69 F100 it will be put on E85 might buy a conversion kit for my 1150 and try it or buy a smaller carb for it not sure yet.
avatar
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 5147
Join date : 2009-01-04
Age : 51
Location : Irwinville Ga.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What's she gonna run?

Post  maverick on June 10th 2013, 3:56 pm

raceone85.com
avatar
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 3052
Join date : 2009-08-06
Age : 66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What's she gonna run?

Post  whitefield on June 10th 2013, 3:58 pm

Cal Tracs made a big diff ! Smile
avatar
whitefield

Posts : 2216
Join date : 2009-08-23
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum