BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Cam Bearings to use for the street Dura Bond FP-26-1 or FP-26T

3 posters

Go down

Which Cam Bearings to use for the street Dura Bond FP-26-1 or FP-26T Empty Which Cam Bearings to use for the street Dura Bond FP-26-1 or FP-26T

Post  CHARLIEB May 11th 2013, 8:27 pm

I would like to know if these cam bearing will fit a a460 block, This motor is going to be a street / stip motor but mostly for the street. I have read that some guys are using the Dura Bond FP-26-1. I was looking at these cam bearing FP-26T beacuse they are coated. Can anybody tell me if these bearings are better than the FP-26-1 and will they fit my block?
CHARLIEB
CHARLIEB

Back to top Go down

Which Cam Bearings to use for the street Dura Bond FP-26-1 or FP-26T Empty Re: Which Cam Bearings to use for the street Dura Bond FP-26-1 or FP-26T

Post  Lem Evans May 11th 2013, 8:33 pm

CHARLIEB wrote:I would like to know if these cam bearing will fit a a460 block, This motor is going to be a street / stip motor but mostly for the street. I have read that some guys are using the Dura Bond FP-26-1. I was looking at these cam bearing FP-26T beacuse they are coated. Can anybody tell me if these bearings are better than the FP-26-1 and will they fit my block?

The FP-26-1 are #1 journal cleveland cam bearings....what you need to do a 460 Ford is have 5 of them coated or not.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Which Cam Bearings to use for the street Dura Bond FP-26-1 or FP-26T Empty Re: Which Cam Bearings to use for the street Dura Bond FP-26-1 or FP-26T

Post  CHARLIEB May 11th 2013, 9:06 pm

[quote="Lem Evans"]
CHARLIEB wrote:I would like to know if these cam bearing will fit a a460 block, This motor is going to be a street / stip motor but mostly for the street. I have read that some guys are using the Dura Bond FP-26-1. I was looking at these cam bearing FP-26T beacuse they are coated. Can anybody tell me if these bearings are better than the FP-26-1 and will they fit my block?

The FP-26-1 are #1 journal cleveland cam bearings....what you need to do a 460 Ford is have 5 of them coated or not.

Thank You Sir, That is what I need it to know. I did not want to order thenm and send back because before I had ordered roller bearings and I was told not to use them on the street.
Thank You again for your advise.
CHARLIEB
CHARLIEB

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick May 12th 2013, 8:33 am

The rollers are not a drop in deal, either. Machining the block (along with a couple other oiling mods) would be required.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down