BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My opinion of the US 60 Race/get together

+11
JACKAZZFLATZ
Doug Rahn
bluef100fe
Bigshank
scottke
56Tbird
Wes Littrell
Wheelie58
QtrWarrior
HorsinAround
bbf-falcon
15 posters

Go down

My opinion of the US 60 Race/get together Empty My opinion of the US 60 Race/get together

Post  bbf-falcon May 19th 2013, 9:54 pm

W0W, What a great bunch of people. I didn't get to go to Tenn last year OR the Last Bash a Windy Hollow,so I had kinda forgotten what great people we have on this Forum and how much fun we all have when we get together..Friday was kinda drizzly and overcast but it was not hurting our fellowship and BS-time together. We all saw people thrashing on other people's cars/trucks and doin whatever they could to help one another. Blake showed up and was helping Gordy get the Torino dialed in,John Bozzelle was putting his Elec. expertise to work getting Harold's car straightened out,Randy Malick was helping Harold w/his car also. Dan was racing 2 cars and trying to get some Passes on Big D's car. And it go's on and on. Guy's ,me,Sooz,Turbo and Lexy thank you all for the Food,Beer,conversatons and a super good time. As i'm typing this Sooz is showing me the 500+ Pic's I took over the weekend,I will get them up asap. Most of all I want to thank George Keown and the US 60 crew for a great weekend and show. Guy/s,Please don't let this Race die. You are friends and these are memories ,that me and Sooz will never forget. Thank You.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

My opinion of the US 60 Race/get together Empty Re: My opinion of the US 60 Race/get together

Post  HorsinAround May 19th 2013, 10:00 pm

I'll Second that Rick. It was great meeting everyone that I got to meet. Wish I could have stayed later on Saturday.
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

http://www.frontpagefab.com

Back to top Go down

My opinion of the US 60 Race/get together Empty Re: My opinion of the US 60 Race/get together

Post  QtrWarrior May 19th 2013, 10:01 pm

Rick,

It was good to see you and Sooz, we had a blast.
This weekend was what this event SHOULD be about..Getting together and having a good time.
and oh..by the way.. we're having a race too..
With the rain Friday, it gave everyone a chance to get together and BS or exchange ideas or just hang out..

Gdog and the Pa Posse...
Thanks for the hospitality and helping a Ga boy "limp" thru the weekend !! Cool

George,
Thanks for your hard work putting this event on..
Those of us that were there appreciate ALL your hard work.

It was good the see EVERYONE ! We need to keep this event going !

And to those that didn't come... You don't know what you're missing.. Rolling Eyes
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 May 19th 2013, 10:05 pm

The facility was great...track was dead on (at least for me)....tons of great people, cars, trucks and food.
Many many stories were told, some of them true. Rick and Mike's description of the event is accurate. Can't ask for anything better.
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 May 19th 2013, 10:09 pm

....and, the Race Promoter, George is the kind of guy that would literally give you the shirt off his back !
He did a great job...
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Littrell May 19th 2013, 10:34 pm

Doesn't get any better, had a great time despite mechanical failures . Ate more than a human should in a week thanks to the PA gang and Bozelle's Very Happy . So good to see everyone again. A big thanks to George and Krista for putting this on and most of all for putting up with a house full of nuts. Thanks to everyone that come out and supported this event. I also want to thank all who helped me this weekend. Mark , Keith and Mayfield and Hodges and others, and most of all Cody for letting me race his tow vehicle. Very proud of my daughter Jacqueline for taking 2nd in the gamblers race. It was her first race ever. How could it be better than that. Wes
Wes Littrell
Wes Littrell

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon May 19th 2013, 10:41 pm

Wes,you are the coolest dude on the planet. That fleet that you built should be in some kind of Hall of Fame. Thanks for the great Food and friendship. You have a awesome family.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird May 19th 2013, 11:13 pm

I had as much fun at this years race as I've ever had at any of them. I guess as we get older we realize we can't keep doing this forever.The friends I've made through these Ford events are the best on the planet!! The car count was low,but the spirits war high cheers We all need to do our best to try to keep this race alive! I was impressed with the track with all the rain showers we had. My cars were hooked up and running good.I actually didn't mind the rain,got alot more time to visit cheers king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  scottke May 19th 2013, 11:51 pm

Had a great time. Good to see everyone again.
I want to thank George for getting this deal together.....I know it takes alot of work and preperation.

Hope we can do it again next year.
scottke
scottke

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon May 20th 2013, 12:07 am

Scott,my wife and I spent about an hr on the bleachers watching cars and talking to your Dad.Tell him we enjoyed the conversation. Great guy Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  scottke May 20th 2013, 12:42 am

bbf-falcon wrote:Scott,my wife and I spent about an hr on the bleachers watching cars and talking to your Dad.Tell him we enjoyed the conversation. Great guy Very Happy

COOL!!!! Yeah he's a good POP! He loves to watch me and my brother race....even though it makes him nervous..lol

It was good to see you all again.
Bring that car next time!
scottke
scottke

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior May 20th 2013, 6:06 am

Wes,

It was good to see you again brother ! That fleet of your's is amazing.. Cool

Guys...What's hasn't been said, is that Wes won the 50/50 drawing at the track Saturday and donated the $$ to Big D. Cool
The man upstairs has a special place for men like Wes and the world could use more like him.

If you ever need anything Wes..just holla !!
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon May 20th 2013, 6:28 am

QtrWarrior wrote:Wes,

It was good to see you again brother ! That fleet of your's is amazing.. Cool

Guys...What's hasn't been said, is that Wes won the 50/50 drawing at the track Saturday and donated the $$ to Big D. Cool
The man upstairs has a special place for men like Wes and the world could use more like him.

If you ever need anything Wes..just holla !!

X2

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Littrell May 20th 2013, 7:06 am

Thanks for all the kind words folks. I had a great time driving the old Detroit there, and as far as the 50/50 I knew big D could use the money more than me. It's a terrible thing to have to go through. Hopefully it helps a little. It was just the right thing to do. Hope all the best for him and his family. Wes
Wes Littrell
Wes Littrell

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigshank May 20th 2013, 7:18 am

Had a great time hanging with everyone. meeting new guys Ga boys,PA boys and J B .I wish could have stayed longer hope we have one next year and Big D the car is sweet love it .
pics..

https://s11.photobucket.com/user/ScrappinBinkie/library/1950%20ford%20truck/US%2060
Bigshank
Bigshank

Back to top Go down

Post  bluef100fe May 20th 2013, 7:31 am

X2 Wes couldn't have had anymore fun if I tried... I was bummed with the rain on friday but like what has been said already it left plenty of time for socializing, eating, drinking, and getting reacquainted with everyone I've met in the past and also meeting some new people. Wes I was glad I could give you something to race after all the work trying to keep your trucks running... sorry you had problems and also thank you for letting me use your battery charger and generator for my truck. I need to get a generator like that. I hope we can get to do this again. I even enjoyed helping to dry the track... I was thrashing pretty hard on the truck right up to the morning my dad and I left for Kentucky so I was just happy to get to play around with my truck and not get a ticket or get yelled at for having some fun. Thanks to everyone that made this event what it was.... George and Wes you guys and yours families are great people my door will always be open for y'all if you ever find yourselves in my neck of the woods. Everybody that didn't show up for whatever reason missed a great time.
bluef100fe
bluef100fe

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn May 20th 2013, 8:35 am

Ditto for what Mikey said, I had a blast. It was great seeing everyone again and meeting new ones. I have some pictures and video I'll put up later, right now I'm headed out to the shop to try out some new brackets that Keith Fulp had cut for me on a CNC Laser, Thanks Keith! As usual the Louisiana and PA boys put on a real feast. For months now Mike and I have been fighting to get the monkey off his back, well after this weekend he is gone. When we saw the time slip on Mike's first pass with the 1.005 60ft, our spirits were flying high for the rest of the show. Great engine Mr Oakley Cool

Last edited by Doug Rahn on May 20th 2013, 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  JACKAZZFLATZ May 20th 2013, 8:35 am

X1000 for all the comments said about the race, and people. George, youse guys know how to put on a race, or was that a party. Glad i was able to be there. And as for all the rest of youse guys, thankx for the feed. There aint really that many mud bugs up here. It was certainly nice to meet everyone.
Thankx again, everyone, that made this my (our) event of the year.!.
JACKAZZFLATZ
JACKAZZFLATZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Pro98Mustang May 20th 2013, 9:05 am

We had a great time, at least we got in one pass on Friday during all the rain we were just thankful we were able to do that, but Saturday was great. The track was as good as it gets as for as hooking, we had our fastest 60 ft times ever (1.07 on the motor no NO2) and ran the quickest time ever on our built for nitours motor (5.20 without NO2). We wound up wasting the tranny on the last pass of the day shooting for a 4.60 pass on the N02 "oh well" although we did run a 4.89 earlier on a test NO2 pass. Was so good to see everyone again, what a group of guys and gals, to me the worst part of the ending of the race is having to wait another year to do it all again. I want to thank George again for his tireless work in getting this show together and keeping things moving during the race, heck he is even pretty good giving directions to the track to a bunch of lost Alabama folks and thank all of those who helped George my thanks to you also along with the sponsors that helped put the program and money together. Thanks to the guys for all the Crawdads they cooked-up and the BBQ was wonderful, keep my parking spot next to you open again for next time, Can't wait!!! Thanks to all for the great fellowship it don't get any better than this!!
Pro98Mustang: Bobby/Derek and the Anthony Racing team.

Pro98Mustang

http://bjanthony@centurytel.net

Back to top Go down

Post  342g May 20th 2013, 9:59 am

I have so many people to thank, I don't know where to start, John, and josh, you two were just super, and Randy you stayed on my problem for two days, glad you came, even though you have no car in the show, you have lots of motors and parts, and you show every year to watch, and help in any way you can, thanks buddy, and to all the other folks, it was great seeing you again, until next year, happy racing.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon May 20th 2013, 10:52 am

Pro98Mustang wrote:We had a great time, at least we got in one pass on Friday during all the rain we were just thankful we were able to do that, but Saturday was great. The track was as good as it gets as for as hooking, we had our fastest 60 ft times ever (1.07 on the motor no NO2) and ran the quickest time ever on our built for nitours motor (5.20 without NO2). We wound up wasting the tranny on the last pass of the day shooting for a 4.60 pass on the N02 "oh well" although we did run a 4.89 earlier on a test NO2 pass. Was so good to see everyone again, what a group of guys and gals, to me the worst part of the ending of the race is having to wait another year to do it all again. I want to thank George again for his tireless work in getting this show together and keeping things moving during the race, heck he is even pretty good giving directions to the track to a bunch of lost Alabama folks and thank all of those who helped George my thanks to you also along with the sponsors that helped put the program and money together. Thanks to the guys for all the Crawdads they cooked-up and the BBQ was wonderful, keep my parking spot next to you open again for next time, Can't wait!!! Thanks to all for the great fellowship it don't get any better than this!!
Pro98Mustang: Bobby/Derek and the Anthony Racing team.

Derek,did your wife make it home w/any ApplePie left in the jar? She liked it I think. Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 May 20th 2013, 12:43 pm

Well I got down to the track Friday and talked to Dan and Rick some before the rain started a second time so I went home(35 minutes north) to take care of a few things. Got up Saturday with plans of going back and it was spitting rain almost all day at my house so I stayed home figuring it was raining at the track also. Texted Rick at some point and he texted back to let me know they were racing but by the time I got it I had to be somewhere else. Just goes to show never know what the weater will do in Kentucky.
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  knrclark May 20th 2013, 10:32 pm

I hate I missed I again. I sure hope money gets a little better next year.
knrclark
knrclark
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down