BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

spool or locker?

4 posters

Go down

spool or locker? Empty spool or locker?

Post  63boxtop October 24th 2009, 11:22 am

car is slowly making a transistion from more street duty to track
i'm getting ready to back half it over the winter and i'm rounding up rearend parts
so should i go with a spool or with a locker, car might see street once in a while

thanks
rick

63boxtop

Back to top Go down

spool or locker? Empty Re: spool or locker?

Post  hotrodmerc October 25th 2009, 9:45 am

I run a spool on the street. It has never been a problem. Just drags the inside tire a little on tight turns. Just remember that it's back there and drive accordingly.
hotrodmerc
hotrodmerc

Back to top Go down

Post  4thHorseman November 2nd 2009, 10:40 am

Spool here. I've run detroit lockers before. The engagement/disengagement around turns was sometimes nerve racking on the street. Spool is constant and predictable. Definate 2 wheel traction on a launch and it prefers to help make the car go straight. I won't go back.
4thHorseman
4thHorseman

Back to top Go down

Post  tiger November 6th 2009, 11:21 am

I ran a spool for a few years on the street and it will really wear tires down in a hurry. You do get the tire squell or some vibration from the tire dragging on real sharp turns. With street tires it seemed to like to go sideways when standing on the gas, but it was predictable because it did the same thing every time. I had a ford lightning with a detroit locker in it and like mentioned above they are tricky and make lots of noise.

tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down