BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fiberglass Anglias+460 BBF???

4 posters

Go down

Fiberglass Anglias+460 BBF??? Empty Fiberglass Anglias+460 BBF???

Post  LovesDemCubes July 30th 2013, 11:04 am

My questions I guess could be view as purely academic at this point(as I can't afford to build as of yet).

Here in Ohio they are building fiberglass Anglias, in the Rod mags I used to read I remember a lot of Gassers with Rat Motors but never have seen a BBF.

Is a 429-460 even a possible fit?

I prefer Pro-Street cars to Gassers any day.

LovesDemCubes

Back to top Go down

Fiberglass Anglias+460 BBF??? Empty Re: Fiberglass Anglias+460 BBF???

Post  maverick July 30th 2013, 11:10 am

You can put pretty much any engine into any car, especially if you're building from the ground up. While you're at it, make one for me...I love Anglias.Cool 
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf July 30th 2013, 9:46 pm

LovesDemCubes wrote:My questions I guess could be view as purely academic at this point(as I can't afford to build as of yet).

Here in Ohio they are building fiberglass Anglias, in the Rod mags I used to read I remember a lot of Gassers with Rat Motors but never have seen a BBF.

Is a 429-460 even a possible fit?

I prefer Pro-Street cars to Gassers any day.

Scottrods? I like Anglias and see no reason a BBF won't fit with some work.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  LovesDemCubes August 1st 2013, 5:48 pm

Yes, jasonf it is ScotRods.

I saw them again at the Friday night car show down-town Sandusky (I first met them  a couple of years ago at Bucyrus for their down-town show).

I salivate to think of a 2400-2600 lb. car (with a 90-97 inch wheelbase) with a 580-625 HP at the flywheel N/A engine. Cool  affraid

LovesDemCubes

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE August 7th 2013, 1:51 am

People have been putting bbc's in Anglias forever, I think packaging a BBF into one would probably be very similar.

Building one as a Gasser or Pro Street(ish) type car that keeps it's ride height somewhere around the more traditional Anglia stance (ride height/center of gravity/roll center all kinda high) would probably be a lot easier to do vs building one as a low slung full chassis drag only car. To slam an Anglia on the ground with a big slick you would either have to run a very narrow housing & suck the slicks way inside the body, or move the rear fenders a lot higher up on the body. In this situation the front fenders might also need to be moved higher up too to clear the front tires depending on how low a drag car combo was.

The trans tunnel will chew up a bunch of foot/pedal room on a normal ride height build, even more if it's got a low stance.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down