BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

home made tilt front clip?

+2
bluef100fe
Galaxie427
6 posters

Go down

home made tilt front clip? Empty home made tilt front clip?

Post  Galaxie427 September 20th 2013, 7:45 pm

So I had a great idea today, after perusing "mud truck" on my local Craigslist. I think a one piece tilt front end is just what I need. anyone here ever male one? Sure would be nice to work on stuff with all that out of the way. Not worried about slipping things up with no inner genders...I barely drive it anyway. Only thing I can think of would be this assembly will be hard to lift! What are some other bad points....I need somebody to talk me out of this!! Smile

Galaxie427

Back to top Go down

home made tilt front clip? Empty Re: home made tilt front clip?

Post  Galaxie427 September 20th 2013, 7:47 pm

Auto correct plus this small font on my phone equals a pretty funny post. Sorry for the misspellings!

Galaxie427

Back to top Go down

Post  bluef100fe September 20th 2013, 11:25 pm

Well I've owned my truck for 15 years and finally built a flip open front end for mine... can't believe I waited so long to do it... of course the engine is very easy to work on now and love having it but now the engine seems to think it can break all the time now.. sure was/is a nice addition to the truck... sorry lol
bluef100fe
bluef100fe

Back to top Go down

Post  prosandguy September 20th 2013, 11:45 pm

The red bronco on the top of the page has one, I'll see if I have any pics left, or else the guy that owns it now posts on here as well.
prosandguy
prosandguy

Back to top Go down

Post  samiam September 21st 2013, 1:59 am

Galaxie427 wrote:So I had a great idea today, after perusing "mud truck" on my local Craigslist.  I think a one piece tilt front end is just what I need.  anyone here ever male one?  Sure would be nice to work on stuff with all that out of the way.  Not worried about slipping things up with no inner genders...I barely drive it anyway.  Only thing I can think of would be this assembly will be hard to lift!  What are some other bad points....I need somebody to talk me out of this!!  Smile
http://www.fourwheeler.com/features/131-0502-2005-ugly-4x4-trucks-readers-rides/

72 dodge club cab Tilt frnt

My old rig on page 2, scroll down to ( load more ) and there is a good pic.. I cut it on a different line than most
because I didn't like how the fenders on most tilts lined up,, plated the top and bottom of each fender where
it was cut, and the top had a pin witch fit into a guide hole on the bottom, welded the hood solid and it pivoted
off the front bracket just behind the bumper, used a small hydraulic jack to raise it ,, I couldn't work on the motor with out doing this as Im in A wheelchair,,, I'd have to dig for more picts
samiam
samiam

Back to top Go down

Post  Galaxie427 September 21st 2013, 9:22 pm

Thanks guys! Woke up today and it STILL seemed like a good plan. Guess I have a new project!! Smile

Galaxie427

Back to top Go down

Post  HorsinAround September 24th 2013, 9:47 am

Here is how I did mine. Un-conventional, yes, but completely opens up the front end. I made the core support out of aluminum to shave weight. I also added a momentary switch on both sides so I could run the valves without needing someone in the cab to bump the starter.

home made tilt front clip? Bartires1-1

Alan
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

http://www.frontpagefab.com

Back to top Go down

Post  72puller September 24th 2013, 11:12 am

here is mine. You can remove two bolts and take it off and run the engine without it. My hood still opens normally with the clip down also.

home made tilt front clip? Pullingtruckmotor

More pics here

https://s211.photobucket.com/user/72puller/library/hood?sort=3&page=1
72puller
72puller

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down