BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fox body rear suspension mounts and a few other items.

+2
richter69
BigRigTech
6 posters

Go down

fox body rear suspension mounts and a few other items. Empty fox body rear suspension mounts and a few other items.

Post  BigRigTech December 18th 2013, 11:03 am

My rear suspension mounts are already fully welded to the floor and there is zero rust. I'm about to hit it with 600'ish HP and a t-brake in the spring. Should I plate the torque boxes or is having them fully welded strong enough? I'm adding a mid plate and solid bushings in the top mounts on my rear axle too. What should I use on my C6 for a mount? Poly? Solid? I'm going to stick with the SSM lift bars for now, would an anti roll bar be beneficial wih the SSM lift bars?
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

fox body rear suspension mounts and a few other items. Empty Re: fox body rear suspension mounts and a few other items.

Post  richter69 December 18th 2013, 11:20 am

If you must run a trans mount use a stock rubber.

My boxes are just welded and the car goes 5.60s...... Junky ssm bars
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

fox body rear suspension mounts and a few other items. Empty Re: fox body rear suspension mounts and a few other items.

Post  BigRigTech December 18th 2013, 11:33 am

what do you have for a front/mid plates and tranny mount setup?
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 18th 2013, 11:51 am

Frontplate, midplate, no tranny crossmember or mount. Both cars this way.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  BigRigTech December 18th 2013, 3:12 pm

How thick is the mid plate and what material?
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 18th 2013, 5:05 pm

.090 or so.... Steel
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger December 18th 2013, 7:46 pm

May be overkill but I used 6x6" 1/8" plates welded to the inside of car and the stock upper control arm brackets are welded and bolted through to the plates under the car and also ran 1 5/8" from the plates to the main hoop of my rollcage for the uppers. my lowers are fully welded at all the seams.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R December 18th 2013, 10:28 pm

No such thing as overkill, my uppers and lowers are fully welded and reinforced. I figured it's better to make them as strong as possible now rather than having to try to repair them later.

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  BigRigTech December 19th 2013, 11:01 am

I guess that was my question - if a guy does have trouble with the rear mounts while using SSM lift bars - which mount is the usually suspect? Upper or lower? My lower's appear to have egg shaped the front holes a little bit so I was planning to plate the mounts for that reason....Granted it took 15+yrs of racing for that to happen. It used to have a 650HP SBF running 10.00 with a glide, left on the brake at 5500 he said.
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper December 19th 2013, 5:47 pm

Those arms will not really effect anything any more than any other arms. a little plate or a hardened washer will be fine welded on.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck December 28th 2013, 11:19 am

SSM bars are he'll on torq boxes. From my experience they stick the tire at first then unload, if you put a lot of horsepower to them.

chuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum