BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody make a Glide shifter cable bracket that does not mount to the pan?

4 posters

Go down

Anybody make a Glide shifter cable bracket that does not mount to the pan? Empty Anybody make a Glide shifter cable bracket that does not mount to the pan?

Post  jbozzelle December 20th 2013, 10:40 am

I've seen a few custom deals that relocate the shifter cable to the top side of the trans pan rail (up the side of the case). My lever faces up because of my shifter. Anybody know of an off the shelf bracket that moves the cable up to the side of the case almost in line with the top of the lever?

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Anybody make a Glide shifter cable bracket that does not mount to the pan? Empty Re: Anybody make a Glide shifter cable bracket that does not mount to the pan?

Post  David Cole December 20th 2013, 7:17 pm

Biondo has a bracket for their Outlaw shifter. It attaches to the pan bolts but it goes up and puts the cable in line with an upward facing trans shift lever lik you have. I had one on my Undercover dragster. Worked great.

http://www.biondoracing.com/product/TRANS-BRKT.html

The cable clamps to the bracket with a clamp like this:

http://www.jegs.com/i/CSR/170/60017/10002/-1
David Cole
David Cole
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=66449&

Back to top Go down

Anybody make a Glide shifter cable bracket that does not mount to the pan? Empty Re: Anybody make a Glide shifter cable bracket that does not mount to the pan?

Post  jbozzelle December 20th 2013, 10:30 pm

That's the shifter and bracket I have. Even with that bracket it's still on a bad angle (IMO). Another reason for moving it to the top is I can gain a bit more foot room in the trans tunnel area.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave C. December 20th 2013, 10:55 pm

Aerospace makes one that uses a bell crank system.

Dave C.

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick December 21st 2013, 11:51 am

I simply add (weld) to the existing 'glide shift lever so that I have two ways to connect my cable...one on the up side, one down.  That makes my trans work with any shifter/cable combination.  Takes about 10 minutes...just be very careful to position the hole correctly in the lever so that it matches the length of throw on your shifter. Wink

BTW, this also allows you to choose your lever angle to match any cable bracket, homemade or otherwise.. Been doing this for a lot of years.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle December 22nd 2013, 1:17 pm

One of the guys with a shop a few doors down from mine has a custom deal the local chassis guy made. It mounts off the tailhousing bolts and completely moves the cable to the top side and well within the pan rails. The cable is horizontal with the top of the lever and connects to the inside of the lever instead of the outside.

I'll get him to make me one like that so I can get a few more inches of footroom in the trans tunnel area.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down