BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F#$king thieves

+7
maverick532
supervel45
cool40
70FB
747JetMech
69F100
Mike R
11 posters

Go down

F#$king thieves Empty F#$king thieves

Post  Mike R January 12th 2014, 4:35 pm

I took my Mom to visit my Dad at the nursing home Friday night and then I was going to take her out for dinner. Unfortunately we couldn't do that. I left my phone in the car in the cup holder and some ass hat decided they needed it more than me. We came out after our visit to find the passenger door window smashed and my phone, a handful of change and a half pack of gum gone. Luckily Mom only lives about a mile away so the ride home wasn't to cold but I wasn't able to take her out. I fixed the window yesterday and the phone was insured so I'll have a new one tomorrow and I keep a list of all my numbers, just in case but what a pain in the ass

Mike R

Back to top Go down

F#$king thieves Empty Re: F#$king thieves

Post  69F100 January 12th 2014, 4:50 pm

Mike R wrote:I took my Mom to visit my Dad at the nursing home Friday night and then I was going to take her out for dinner. Unfortunately we couldn't do that. I left my phone in the car in the cup holder and some ass hat decided they needed it more than me. We came out after our visit to find the passenger door window smashed and my phone, a handful of change and a half pack of gum gone. Luckily Mom only lives about a mile away so the ride home wasn't to cold but I wasn't able to take her out. I fixed the window yesterday and the phone was insured so I'll have a new one tomorrow and I keep a list of all my numbers, just in case but what a pain in the ass

I hate to hear this but one thing they want be able to use the phone the phone company will and can put a block on a stolen phone on the ESN and the phone will never be able to get reactivated again.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

F#$king thieves Empty Mike

Post  747JetMech January 12th 2014, 8:05 pm

Went thru this BS with my kids phone a few months ago. We lost a IPHONE 4S. What they did was to turn off the tracking, take the sim card out. The only thing we could do was to register it with our phone company as stolen. Each phone carries a ESN. ( Electronic Serial Number ) The phone manufacture has the ability to track these stolen phones down but offer no help to the person trying to find there phone.. It blows.. I guess they feel its just another sale for them if you don't find your old phone..

The new phones, IPADS have a better security feature which allows you to ping the stolen device. The second they turn on the phone or IPAD, it sends their location to you. Cops pay a visit and you get your stuff back. I read a story about a guy in London that lost his tablet on the train. He had software loaded on it, that when he activated it, takes a picture of the person turning it on and sends it to you along with a GPS location. He had it narrowed down to 2 houses. He knocked on the first door and no one answered. He knocked on the second door and the guy answered the door. He was the guy that took it. The owner said where is my tablet? Then showed him his picture... Busted...

I always tell my family not to leave any change in the car. They will smash your window out for a $1 in change... Bastards..
747JetMech
747JetMech

Back to top Go down

F#$king thieves Empty 69F100

Post  747JetMech January 12th 2014, 8:09 pm

I think once you report it stolen with your phone service, it cant be turned back on with that phone service provider but can be turned on with a different service. I am no expert but isn't that what they call Jail Break a phone? When they are able to reactivate it with a different service?
747JetMech
747JetMech

Back to top Go down

Post  70FB January 12th 2014, 9:53 pm

The new phones, IPADS have a better security feature which allows you to ping the stolen device. The second they turn on the phone or IPAD, it sends their location to you. You pay a visit, kick their ass and you get your stuff back.

Fixed it for you.
70FB
70FB
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R January 12th 2014, 9:55 pm

Losing the phone sucks, big inconvenience but they picked through the change and only took the silver and what kind of loser steals a half pack of gum?

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  70FB January 12th 2014, 10:52 pm

Mike R wrote:Losing the phone sucks, big inconvenience but they picked through the change and only took the silver and what kind of loser steals a half pack of gum?

IMO, a young punk.
70FB
70FB
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 January 12th 2014, 11:48 pm

Mike R wrote:Losing the phone sucks, big inconvenience but they picked through the change and only took the silver and what kind of loser steals a half pack of gum?
the kind you'd like to have cought in your car! sorry POS in my opinion.....
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 January 13th 2014, 12:06 am

747JetMech wrote:Went thru this BS with my kids phone a few months ago. We lost a IPHONE 4S. What they did was to turn off the tracking, take the sim card out. The only thing we could do was to register it with our phone company as stolen. Each phone carries a ESN. ( Electronic Serial Number ) The phone manufacture has the ability to track these stolen phones down but offer no help to the person trying to find there phone.. It blows.. I guess they feel its just another sale for them if you don't find your old phone..

The new phones, IPADS have a better security feature which allows you to ping the stolen device. The second they turn on the phone or IPAD, it sends their location to you. Cops pay a visit and you get your stuff back. I read a story about a guy in London that lost his tablet on the train. He had software loaded on it, that when he activated it, takes a picture of the person turning it on and sends it to you along with a GPS location. He had it narrowed down to 2 houses. He knocked on the first door and no one answered. He knocked on the second door and the guy answered the door. He was the guy that took it. The owner said where is my tablet? Then showed him his picture... Busted...

I always tell my family not to leave any change in the car. They will smash your window out for a $1 in change...  Bastards..
Till the theives figure to tape the camera lens, on the stolen device. Had the same thing happen with a cheapie cell phone, broken glass and all, vechicle next to mine lost a laptop, I felt lucky. Put a laptop on the dash and leave the keys in the ignition, with a fake camera blinking inside, theives will run, thinking it a bait car, does not have to be a real laptop or correct key either, if they don't see you drive up.LoL there is no winning it seems. Sorry for you loss.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick532 January 13th 2014, 3:17 pm

Be thankful it was just your car that was broken into for a phone and not your house , as mine was broken into five days before Christmas . You can still take mom out to dinner to . I hate thieves also wish I had caught them in the act in the house !

maverick532

Back to top Go down

Post  70FB January 14th 2014, 2:05 am

maverick532 wrote:Be thankful it was just your car that was broken into for a phone and not your house , as mine was broken into five days before Christmas . You can still take mom out to dinner to . I hate thieves also wish I had caught them in the act in the house !
That's screwed up!!! jus sayn...
70FB
70FB
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  torkair January 14th 2014, 4:50 am

747JetMech wrote:I think once you report it stolen with your phone service, it cant be turned back on with that phone service provider but can be turned on with a different service. I am no expert but isn't that what they call Jail Break a phone? When they are able to reactivate it with a different service?

Jail breaking a phone is where you hack the proprietary operating system on the phone and run your own firmware. I've seen it done both successfully and unsuccessfully, either way it takes about 5 minutes to either jail break it or just plain break it.
torkair
torkair

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug January 14th 2014, 6:06 am

torkair wrote: Jail breaking a phone is where you hack the proprietary operating system on the phone and run your own firmware.  I've seen it done both successfully and unsuccessfully, either way it takes about 5 minutes to either jail break it or just plain break it.

Speaking of thieves I have one word...................................Heads

Mike I am sorry to hear about your car and phone, what the Phone Company needs to do is put a small charge of c-4 in all phones and when stolen you could activate it and punch in a code and problem solved, no more phone for them and no more thieve.
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  70FB January 14th 2014, 9:31 am

the Coug wrote:
torkair wrote: Jail breaking a phone is where you hack the proprietary operating system on the phone and run your own firmware.  I've seen it done both successfully and unsuccessfully, either way it takes about 5 minutes to either jail break it or just plain break it.

Speaking of thieves I have one word...................................Heads  

Mike I am sorry to hear about your car and phone, what the Phone Company needs to do is put a small charge of c-4 in all phones and when stolen you could activate it and punch in a code and problem solved, no more phone for them and no more thieve.
No, that would be to quick. It needs to be slow and painful.
70FB
70FB
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug January 14th 2014, 12:53 pm

Yes it would be to fast, but then you could get all your friends together and make a game to see which direction the boom was going to come from...... Twisted Evil 
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R January 14th 2014, 9:18 pm

Yeah it sucks losing the phone and having to fix the window, clean up the mess and not being able to take my Mom to dinner. The worst part was the gum, I really liked that gum. But seriously, what kind of loser stalks a nursing home parking lot?

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave C. January 14th 2014, 9:23 pm

They float around like sharks waitin for someone to leave their valuables in the car....

Dave C.

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH January 15th 2014, 11:53 am

need a loaded phone and code so when its stolen , you can blow it up .

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down