BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rocker arm studs

2 posters

Go down

rocker arm studs Empty rocker arm studs

Post  GT300TD January 22nd 2014, 12:42 pm

What other screw in rocker arm studs will fit C/8 and D/0 heads, 7/16 x 3/8, I want to buy some for a set of heads and all they show are for chebys and sbf. They are going on a set of heads along with stock rocker arms that I am going to sell and want to make sure they are the right ones.
Thanks

Edit...the ones I've priced all say "do not use with oem nuts"

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

rocker arm studs Empty Re: rocker arm studs

Post  rmcomprandy January 22nd 2014, 4:08 pm

GT300TD wrote:What other screw in rocker arm studs will fit C/8 and D/0 heads, 7/16 x 3/8, I want to buy some for a set of heads and all they show are for chebys and sbf. They are going on a set of heads along with stock rocker arms that I am going to sell and want to make sure they are the right ones.
Thanks

Edit...the ones I've priced all say "do not use with oem nuts"

I am not familiar with any stock type rockers which use a full 3/8" stud. "Bottleneck" 3/8" studs are 7/16" diameter where the fulcrum of a rail rocker rides.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GT300TD January 22nd 2014, 5:29 pm

Thanks for the reply, Randy, I think I worded it wrong. They are 7/16 studs that bottleneck into 3/8  Embarassed .
I did some searching and it seems like 1.75" bbc, also 7101 sbf will work if I have to buy new ones. I'm going to sell the heads and think they will sell better with the studs and rocker arms on, ready to bolt on. I bought 2 sets of heads at the Columbus Swap meet and decided to use the D3's. I have a set of stock D0VE rocker arms, nuts and washers off of the heads I got rid of before I built my motor. I let the studs go with them. I posted on "stuff wanted" to try and find a used set of studs to buy.

Edit... Just got an e-mail and I'm letting them go the way they are Cool .

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy January 22nd 2014, 10:55 pm

GT300TD wrote:Thanks for the reply, Randy, I think I worded it wrong. They are 7/16 studs that bottleneck into 3/8  Embarassed .
I did some searching and it seems like 1.75" bbc, also 7101 sbf will work if I have to buy new ones. I'm going to sell the heads and think they will sell better with the studs and rocker arms on, ready to bolt on. I bought 2 sets of heads at the Columbus Swap meet and decided to use the D3's. I have a set of stock D0VE rocker arms, nuts and washers off of the heads I got rid of before I built my motor. I let the studs go with them. I posted on "stuff wanted" to try and find a used set of studs to buy.

Using full 7/16" studs with poly-locks will make that valve train somewhat adjustable for "0" lashing hydraulics.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GT300TD January 23rd 2014, 12:17 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
GT300TD wrote:Thanks for the reply, Randy, I think I worded it wrong. They are 7/16 studs that bottleneck into 3/8  Embarassed .

Using full 7/16" studs  with poly-locks will make that valve train somewhat adjustable for "0" lashing hydraulics.

So that way you can use any full 7/16 stud  Cool 
Thanks Randy  Smile

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down