BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jesel lifters vs Bushing Lifters

+3
Curt
Lem Evans
windsor
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Jesel lifters vs Bushing Lifters - Page 2 Empty Re: Jesel lifters vs Bushing Lifters

Post  windsor March 6th 2014, 8:37 pm

Thanks, Bill. Your experience is particularly applicable (obviously). Cool 

How often would you say you check your lash and did Isky say the same about the bearings be more sensitive to 'dirty' oil?
windsor
windsor

Back to top Go down

Jesel lifters vs Bushing Lifters - Page 2 Empty Re: Jesel lifters vs Bushing Lifters

Post  Lem Evans March 6th 2014, 8:54 pm

"230 on the seat/710 open springs. 7600 shift point"

I hope the "you can't have too much spring pressure" crowd takes note of Bill's post.

If Bill was one of the 350#-400# on the seat & 1,000# or more open pressure crowd the results may have been different, i.m.o.

It should be noted that he does have ti valves.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CDMBill March 7th 2014, 9:55 am

On the dirty oil topic, I haven't discussed it with Isky. I keep the oil pretty clean as an EFI engine doesn't put a lot of extra fuel in it at any operating speed or load, the vacuum pump pulls out a lot of the water/water vapor that would otherwise speed up oxidization and the I run 100% sythentic oil which also has less little bits and pieces of other molecules to contribute to the accumulation of 'dirt'. To make the vacuum pump effective the egine is really well sealed and I always run an air filter, a 16 x 3.5 which has no negative effect on engine performance at my power output. We tested it on the chassis dyne. Actually picked up a little bit even with the EFI which was a surprise. And I change when it loses opacity and begins to turn color, more than a 1000 miles, likely less than 2000. My odometer is flaky so I don't track that.

As to lash, I check it before every event and when doing the oil changes. With the Jesel shaft setup it doesn't move more than a .001-.002. At Drag Week I checked it after TnT Sunday and Wednesday on general principles along with using the spring tester.

CDMBill

Back to top Go down

Post  windsor March 7th 2014, 10:05 am

Again, thank you, Bill. That's good info. I imagine I (likely all of us) would change my oil at least that often, as well. So the dirty oil issue is rather moot for this discussion.
windsor
windsor

Back to top Go down

Post  466cj March 7th 2014, 6:21 pm

Windsor this may be of interest to you...

http://www.460ford.com/forum/showthread.php?t=183202

OK, guess I should read a bit close. May not be of interest, but a good deal for someone if they can use them!

466cj

Back to top Go down

Post  windsor March 7th 2014, 7:09 pm

Good looking out. Would be interested if they weren't offset.
windsor
windsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2