BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race ready dove c heads

2 posters

Go down

Race ready dove c heads Empty Race ready dove c heads

Post  tconnection March 8th 2014, 1:24 am

Sorry to bother but im seeing about getting a set of dove heads race ready for a fellow. I see where the stud boss has to be milled down .220 to .230 but i havent found how much to have milled off the guid boss. The cam is gonna be a solid flat direct lube, 1.539 OD spring with a 1.94 installed height. 630ish lift.
Thanks for any help.

tconnection

Back to top Go down

Race ready dove c heads Empty Re: Race ready dove c heads

Post  69F100 March 8th 2014, 1:40 am

tconnection wrote:Sorry to bother but im seeing about getting a set of dove heads race ready for a fellow. I see where the stud boss has to be milled down .220 to .230 but i havent found how much to have milled off the guid boss. The cam is gonna be a solid flat direct lube, 1.539 OD spring with a 1.94 installed height. 630ish lift.
Thanks for any help.

The way I cut my valve guides I took the lift I was looking for and subtracted .540 from it and got what I cut mine down to it was .120 off the valve guide I run a .642 .649 lift in my dove headed engine I took just a little more off just incase. The valve spring I installed to get how much I needed to take off the spring pad for the install height they called for. I bought the cutter to use in a drill to cut mine cheaper than the machine shop wanted to do it.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down