BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heating a Garage

+13
lghting94
BigRigTech
HorsinAround
GTmustang
Wes Littrell
res0rli9
IDT-572
powerstrokeace
cool40
supervel45
DFI429
Curt
79Puller
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Heating a Garage - Page 2 Empty Re: Heating a Garage

Post  kim March 27th 2014, 9:59 pm

If nothing else,. I can live with fan in summer heat, but heated floor..... no cold toes, hell, jack stands and creepers are heaven.... If not poured yet, or anyone that lives anywhere in THE US, and finds a day a little chilly.... I mean to the south of FL, for the initial cost, in floor radiant heat..............

kim

Back to top Go down

Post  HorsinAround March 28th 2014, 9:30 am

Dave C. wrote:Coveralls, gloves, and a hat.. No heat

Been there, done that  Very Happy 
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

http://www.frontpagefab.com

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 March 28th 2014, 12:07 pm

HorsinAround wrote:
Dave C. wrote:Coveralls, gloves, and a hat.. No heat

Been there, done that  Very Happy 

x3 but now that my little shop is 90% finished I have a 165000 BTU Reddy Heater it a little noisy when it fires off but will keep you warm when it cold and when I don't need it roll it in the corner. 5 gallons of diesel last a while but we don't have a long winter here most of the time.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 March 28th 2014, 2:20 pm

Curt wrote:

My next one will be geothermal. I'll only have the cost of running the water pump once its installed. Heat in the winter and cool in the summer.
[/quote]

This is not correct geothermal consist of much more than a pump to run unless you are wanting to keep the shop at 55 degrees or less.  A geothermal unit still has a compressor, Freon and heat exchangers(water to Freon and Freon to air) although all in one package.  It also generally has one or two small pumps to pump water/antifreeze solution through the loop field.  A typical geothermal unit is around 400% efficient and a typical heat pump is around 250% efficient.  Geothermal is amazingly cheap to operate if installed correctly but a pain to deal with when installed wrong.  The geothermal is expensive to install (cost of equipment and cost of installing loop field in ground) but the cheapest thing(energy wise) to run on the market.
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt March 28th 2014, 4:46 pm

lghting94 wrote:

This is not correct geothermal consist of much more than a pump to run unless you are wanting to keep the shop at 55 degrees or less.  A geothermal unit still has a compressor, Freon and heat exchangers(water to Freon and Freon to air) although all in one package.  It also generally has one or two small pumps to pump water/antifreeze solution through the loop field.  A typical geothermal unit is around 400% efficient and a typical heat pump is around 250% efficient.  Geothermal is amazingly cheap to operate if installed correctly but a pain to deal with when installed wrong.  The geothermal is expensive to install (cost of equipment and cost of installing loop field in ground) but the cheapest thing(energy wise) to run on the market.

That kind of depends on where you live and how deep you go. The deeper, the more equal. But I'm not talking about chilling the air 16 degrees below the inlet temperature. Or heating the air to over 100 degrees. All I'm talking about is keeping the slab at a very happy 70 degrees. We can do that quite easily here in Texas without a lot of other equipment in the summer or winter.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2