BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iron D3 heads worth anything ? i have 4 sets was thinking of scrapping them

5 posters

Go down

iron D3 heads worth anything ? i have 4 sets was thinking of scrapping them  Empty iron D3 heads worth anything ? i have 4 sets was thinking of scrapping them

Post  5pointslow March 26th 2014, 7:26 am

was curious if there is any value vs scrapping them ?

i have 3-4 sets takeoffs that are in my way . im thinking of scrapping them and was wondering if its worth hanging on to vs junking them .

these are stock takeoffs

5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

iron D3 heads worth anything ? i have 4 sets was thinking of scrapping them  Empty Re: iron D3 heads worth anything ? i have 4 sets was thinking of scrapping them

Post  5pointslow March 26th 2014, 7:33 am

i should have put this in

the general thread probly not tech , sorry abou that
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

iron D3 heads worth anything ? i have 4 sets was thinking of scrapping them  Empty Re: iron D3 heads worth anything ? i have 4 sets was thinking of scrapping them

Post  bigblok2000ranger March 26th 2014, 9:20 am

They are not a junk head just not very sought after at this point. I would offer them to a rebuilder vs. scrapping them. Scrapping them will drive up the prices over time. Might not seem like a big deal now but down the road it may be.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  powerstrokeace March 26th 2014, 10:40 am

I have a local guy restoring a boat that has cracked heads and mybe interest for the shipping cost.

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy March 26th 2014, 11:12 am

5pointslow wrote:was curious if there is any value vs scrapping them ?

i have 3-4 sets takeoffs that are in my way . im thinking of scrapping them and was wondering if its worth hanging on to vs junking them .

these are stock takeoffs

If you offered them "as is" for the shipping charges plus about $50.00 for your time involved with packaging and shipping them, I would think they would find a permanent home.
Maybe not

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy April 11th 2014, 3:15 pm

If any of those D3 castings do not have the air injection holes in the castings, the Stock/Super Stock guys look for those.

I remember Mike Graham telling me a few years ago the ones without the air holes were the most desirable castings.
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum