BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Do You Secure Your Car In The Trailer?

+3
yellowhorse7
powerstrokeace
Bsherry
7 posters

Go down

How Do You Secure Your Car In The Trailer? Empty How Do You Secure Your Car In The Trailer?

Post  Bsherry 18th April 2014, 07:58

Seen some guys wrap the straps on the axels, some attach to the car's frame, some just put nets over the tires.

How do you secure your car in the trailer before you transport it?

I have heard that using the axels will allow the car to bounce and wear out your shocks?

Bruce

Rolling Eyes
Bsherry
Bsherry
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

How Do You Secure Your Car In The Trailer? Empty Re: How Do You Secure Your Car In The Trailer?

Post  powerstrokeace 18th April 2014, 08:48

You should alway strap it down at the frame. This will eliminate bounce and not wear out the shocks .

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

How Do You Secure Your Car In The Trailer? Empty Re: How Do You Secure Your Car In The Trailer?

Post  yellowhorse7 18th April 2014, 09:35

powerstrokeace wrote:You should alway strap it down at the frame. This will eliminate bounce and not wear out the shocks .

Ace

yep
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 18th April 2014, 10:46

I always strap the rear axle and hold the front by the tow hook.I dont usually go very far to race, 30-50 miles, but I have never used up any shocks doing it.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy 18th April 2014, 12:26

After transporting a LOT of vehicles all around the country,  I can say that attaching to the front frame and strapping it down with both, (at least one axle strap near the center), and two crossed straps to the frame in the rear is best.

Short distances it may not be so important, (a lot of trailers don't even have a center hook-up), but, after a 2,000 mile, cross country trip the vehicle can , AND WILL, dance around some and move in the trailer.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt 18th April 2014, 12:36

I know 2 guys that throw it in park and close the door. Granted they're not hauling very far, but I'd never recommend it.  affraid 
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  514F-1 18th April 2014, 16:23

I put it in Park, put one strap in the front attached to the tow hook, and 2 crossed straps around the rear axles..never had any issues...
514F-1
514F-1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down