BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Input needed on launch videos

3 posters

Go down

Input needed on launch videos Empty Input needed on launch videos

Post  deliveredfast June 8th 2014, 2:29 pm

I got my car to the track. The first time my convertor was way too tight, only stalled to 4 grand. car would fall flat and then move on after 60 ft. I put 6000 convertor in it now. I have a 598ci motor,  2 speed power glide 1.80 first gear, 4.10 rear gear,29.5x10.5w slick 2700lb car with me in it. Single adjustable front struts(strange10 way) single qa1 in rear. Because of bigger tire my lower control arm the rear bolt is 1/2 inch higher than front.

Ok so back to what the car is doing, with 4000 convertor I got best of 1.35 60ft. car spins tire, hooks spins again and then makes the run.

With 6000 stall setting 2 step at 5200/5600 and 5800 the car spins pulls wheels settles and spins again and the makes the pass. best I got with 6000 stall was 1.25 60ft.

I was told I need more gear, I shift at 7600 rpm and hits traps at 7100/7200. I have racepak. My graph shows engine rpm goes to 6000 rpm and stays flat thru out the 60ft and then climbs. At the same time my ds rpm goes up then down and then climbs.

When my tire spins and ds rpm goes up it does not reflect in the engine rpm. The engine rpm stays flat at 6000 grand for atleast 1.30 seconds into the run.

I know this is alot if its too much to deal with I will understand. below is video of my passes from last night with 6000 stall. This is alot of typing if you feel like calling me its cool, I hate typing. Or send ur # and I will give you a call thx Charles 313-443-5557.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHptV2xcq0E

here is racepak graph. Red is engine rpm. I belive I had 2 step at 5200 and shifted at 7000 rpm.
Input needed on launch videos IMAG0817_zps256677fc

Last edited by deliveredfast on June 9th 2014, 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
deliveredfast
deliveredfast

Back to top Go down

Input needed on launch videos Empty Re: Input needed on launch videos

Post  70FB June 9th 2014, 12:09 am

I sent my buddy a link to this. I've been trying to pm you but won't work for some reason. Anyway. He's on the crew of a BBF 94 mustang boss motor 10.5 car up there at Milan. They ran Saturday there......
It's a big hemi BBF.

Last edited by 70FB on June 9th 2014, 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
70FB
70FB
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  70FB June 9th 2014, 12:11 am

And by the way.... That bitch is rolling... Maybe not what you want now but it will take time to get the bugs worked out. Great job!!
70FB
70FB
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  deliveredfast June 9th 2014, 1:35 am

70FB wrote:I sent my buddy a link to this. I've been trying to pm you but won't work for some reason. Anyway. He's on the crew of a BBF 94 mustang boss motor 10.5 car up there at Milan. They ran Saturday there......
It's a big hemi BBF.

man I was there saturday, didnt look for him because I thought he ran 1st friday deal. and thx
deliveredfast
deliveredfast

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE June 9th 2014, 6:24 am

Judging from the first 2 videos part of the problem might have been track prep. I can see bits of asphalt/concrete track surface showing up through the rubber (like maybe they had just scraped the starting line that day). And what little rubber there was building back up in the groove kinda looked like it was already developing a bald spot right about where the slicks sat.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  deliveredfast June 9th 2014, 9:27 am

DILLIGASDAVE wrote:Judging from the first 2 videos part of the problem might have been track prep. I can see bits of asphalt/concrete track surface showing up through the rubber (like maybe they had just scraped the starting line that day). And what little rubber there was building back up in the groove kinda looked like it was already developing a bald spot right about where the slicks sat.

you have a pretty good eye. Everyone at the track said the track was the worst ever it has been. I guess I have to learn what to look at. I was even told all the data I collected was useless. But the car was doing the same thing the time out before with less convertor. thx for ur input.
deliveredfast
deliveredfast

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum