BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hydroboost brake systems

4 posters

Go down

Hydroboost brake systems Empty Hydroboost brake systems

Post  460bronco June 9th 2014, 10:14 pm

I just recently put a set of SCJ heads on my motor in my 78 bronco... For whatever reason, my stock valve covers won't fit over my rockers any more. That's all ok because I had a set of tall ford racing aluminum valve covers to throw on the mill. ---- now, I have about an 1/8" clearance between my valve cover and brake booster. I have to unbolt the booster to take the valve cover off to adjust valve lash now.

My brakes aren't the best w/ the current cam combo due to lower idle vacuum.

Question is--- has anyone done a hydroboost setup on one of these 78/79 trucks/ bronco? I found several kits online, but was wondering if there was a different way of doing this or if there was an easy swap out there somewhere?

Thanks,
Jon
460bronco
460bronco

Back to top Go down

Hydroboost brake systems Empty Re: Hydroboost brake systems

Post  68formalGT June 9th 2014, 10:23 pm

http://m.ford-trucks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=872090
68formalGT
68formalGT

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 June 10th 2014, 8:35 am

Manual Brake master cylinder for a 75 f-250(disc/drum option) is what I use to run as I didn't have enough vacuum for power brakes. It actually stopped better with manual brakes than the factory power.
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  norm June 29th 2014, 9:48 am

lghting94 wrote:Manual Brake master cylinder for a 75 f-250(disc/drum option) is what I use to run as I didn't have enough vacuum for power brakes. It actually stopped better with manual brakes than the factory power.

4 wheel disc? Did you do anything with the proportioning valve?

Mine (a 79 bronco) I moved the stock booster over an inch or so and angled it toward the fender. It worked but was a fair amount of work.

The smaller f350 (I believe)  booster provides a ton more room if you don't want to go hydro boost.
norm
norm

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 June 29th 2014, 6:13 pm

My truck was disc/drum factory distribution valve. Another modification I made later was to cross drill the front rotors and that helped alot by keeping pads cleaner. The f250 master has a bigger plunger(may not ne proper name) and sends more fluid to the drums and calipers. Just make sure the new master comes with the rod to hook to the brake pedal.
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down