BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for a engine builder in the Houston area.

+3
whatbumper
dfree383
Skinny chicken
7 posters

Go down

Looking for a engine builder in the Houston area. Empty Looking for a engine builder in the Houston area.

Post  Skinny chicken June 24th 2014, 10:48 pm

I'm trying to get ready for my new build thats about to start. I Visited a builder local to me a few days ago and i'm not sure if he is the guy for my build. He is a BBC guy and not real knowledgeable with BBF stuff. I need someone to put the short block together for me. Any input from you guys would be great.

Here are a few details on my combo. It mostly a race car but I want to be able to run it to a cruise night every now and again. I have a goal of a mid 5 sec 1/8 mile pass. I plan to run E85, Nitrous plate kit, Stock 460 block, unported A460 heads(for now), and the rest is all up in the air. I know I need to run all the cubic inches I can to take advantage of the cylinder heads.

Skinny chicken

Back to top Go down

Looking for a engine builder in the Houston area. Empty Re: Looking for a engine builder in the Houston area.

Post  dfree383 June 25th 2014, 1:17 am

Advice...... Spend the money now on a A460 or Eliminator block.

Ford Builders I'd recommend

1) Phillip Oakley
2) Jon Kaase
3) Ted at Engine Systems
4) Randy at RM
5) Dave McLain
6) Brett Powell
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Looking for a engine builder in the Houston area. Empty Re: Looking for a engine builder in the Houston area.

Post  whatbumper June 25th 2014, 7:46 am

Taylor Lastor is down in that area. He does our machine work for us on our high horsepower stuff both ford and chevy.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon June 25th 2014, 8:02 am

I would def make sure it was a BBF builder. A460 block for sure.
Bob Hardison (jet Boat Bob) Island Ky. FTW
272-316-1472

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Skinny chicken June 25th 2014, 9:45 am

whatbumper wrote:Taylor Lastor is down in that area.  He does our machine work for us on our high horsepower stuff both ford and chevy.
Funny you say that. He is about 2 miles from me. I've heard some shady stuff about him. I've also heard good to. I may run over their today.

Skinny chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Skinny chicken June 25th 2014, 9:54 am

dfree383 wrote:Advice...... Spend the money now on a A460 or Eliminator block.

Ford Builders I'd recommend

1) Phillip Oakley
2) Jon Kaase
3) Ted at Engine Systems
4) Randy at RM
5) Dave McLain
6) Brett Powell
The aftermarket block is not a option right now. Maybe next year but not now.

Skinny chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  torino501 June 25th 2014, 4:45 pm

Nickens brothers in Conroe. I've had him do 3 engines for me. Top notch stuff. Rich osmond had them build a A460 block trickflow ahead big motor. Dynoed and everything. Last I heard he was pretty happy. These guys did a lot of mopar prostock and prostock truck back in the day... Bunch of good guys.

torino501

Back to top Go down

Post  Skinny chicken June 25th 2014, 7:07 pm

torino501 wrote:Nickens brothers in Conroe. I've had him do 3 engines for me. Top notch stuff. Rich osmond had them build a A460 block trickflow ahead big motor. Dynoed and everything. Last I heard he was pretty happy. These guys did a lot of mopar prostock and prostock truck back in the day... Bunch of good guys.
Thank a lot I forgot about them.

Skinny chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  torino501 June 25th 2014, 7:25 pm

I usually have talked to wayne up there.there very knowledgable in the fords...

torino501

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt June 26th 2014, 1:03 am

Tommy Costales (Houston Engine and Balancing) is as good as any out there. Also the Wap Shop does a lot of Ford stuff.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Looking for a engine builder in the Houston area. Empty Houston Engine Builder

Post  Rich Osmond June 26th 2014, 11:21 pm

I have used Nicken's on several builds and HIGHLY recommend them if you want to stay local. They are very professional, treat you like family and know how to make good reliable horsepower.

T. Lastor = not so much....

Rich Osmond

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum