BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally got some video of the new setup

4 posters

Go down

Finally got some video of the new setup Empty Finally got some video of the new setup

Post  70FB July 6th 2014, 11:05 am

I still have the same springs in the front and nonadjustable. My 60ft's are anywhere from 1.38 - 1.44 depending on how bad the spin was on the hit.
First run was with rear strange da's set comp-full soft....ext at 5.  1.40 60.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVYEsTGRiqQ

Second run I went full tight on the comp..... 1.44 60.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2m_MNKnnOg

Third run I went back to full soft mainly because it was first round of elims. 1.44 60......-.029 red...Damn it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7OAQAByhAg

Total weight was 3087
front left was 863
front right was 865

rear left was 728
rear right was 632

total front was 1728= 55.9%
total rear was 1359 = 46.1%

The scales are some old circle track scales.
Front strut springs are 200.
Rear coilover springs are 110. Bought used and this is what the guy told me he thought.
70FB
70FB
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Finally got some video of the new setup Empty Re: Finally got some video of the new setup

Post  cool40 July 6th 2014, 11:59 am

The front looks to be doing some bouncing but hard to tell. How much travel do you have up front?
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Finally got some video of the new setup Empty Re: Finally got some video of the new setup

Post  70FB July 7th 2014, 7:52 am

cool40 wrote:The front looks to be doing some bouncing but hard to tell. How much travel do you have up front?
Ride height is showing 6-3/8" on spring
3-3/4" on shock

hanging is showing 8-3/4 on spring
and 6" on shock.

200lb spring.

2-1/4 seems tight.
How much would the 150 spring help?
70FB
70FB
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 July 7th 2014, 9:01 am

2 1/4 is tight imo but as long as it's not topping out its ok. All the spring has to do is hold up the car.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE July 8th 2014, 1:59 am

Next time the video really needs to be shot a lot closer to the car (or zoomed in more). Car looks like both front & back is way too stiff (either the springs, or shock & strut valving, or both), or kinda like something might be bound up somewhere.

IMO both the front end and the back end are both doing the bouncing, the oscillation at each end is helping to feed the bounce at the other end. Looks like the rear does't extend/separate hardly any at all at the initial hit, and the front doesn't extend/separate much either. The slicks unload & start the repeated hook-unhook cycle causing the rear bounce/oscillation, (mostly on the slick sidewalls, and less on the rear shocks), kinda like the rear springs or valving is too stiff. And the front looks like the bounce/oscillation is happening more on the front strut/strut springs, and less on the frontrunner sidewalls (like the strut valving or springs are too stiff, or like there's not enough front extension travel left).
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  70FB July 9th 2014, 7:02 pm

Thanks guys. I have about 30lbs in the front tires. We called Strange and he was concerned with the weight difference in the rear side to side. So we will check for binding in the ladder bars. They are also suggesting a 125 spring for the rear. Also we,ll try full soft on extension on the rear maybe. The tire is making a couple revolutions before it plants it it seems. Ss slicks set at 9.8 and we tried 10.5 but made it worse.

I've had a few tell me the slicks maybe giving up but I thought that was just with a radial. They are 1 year old and 70 passes.

70FB
70FB
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 July 9th 2014, 8:13 pm

I went from 10.5 psi to 8.5 psi and helped my bounce I had but I am running m/t 10.5w not the stiff side wall
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  70FB July 19th 2014, 8:06 am

DILLIGASDAVE wrote:Next time the video really needs to be shot a lot closer to the car (or zoomed in more). Car looks like both front & back is way too stiff (either the springs, or shock & strut valving, or both), or kinda like something might be bound up somewhere.

IMO both the front end and the back end are both doing the bouncing, the oscillation at each end is helping to feed the bounce at the other end. Looks like the rear does't extend/separate hardly any at all at the initial hit, and the front doesn't extend/separate much either. The slicks unload & start the repeated hook-unhook cycle causing the rear bounce/oscillation, (mostly on the slick sidewalls, and less on the rear shocks), kinda like the rear springs or valving is too stiff. And the front looks like the bounce/oscillation is happening more on the front strut/strut springs, and less on the frontrunner sidewalls (like the strut valving or springs are too stiff, or like there's not enough front extension travel left).
My video guy is a newbie. He had never even been down on the line. He is about 21 years old and loved it that day. I'll keep working with him.. The camera I gave him was a cheap one also so I'll give him my good one next time. I went to another race here recently and went full soft on extension on the rear and it was better. Different track though.
70FB
70FB
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  70FB July 19th 2014, 8:08 am

69F100 wrote:I went from 10.5 psi to 8.5 psi and helped my bounce I had but I am running m/t 10.5w not the stiff side wall
I've been down to 9.6 but maybe I should try lower. Just seems like I'm killing the tire now though.
70FB
70FB
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down