BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blueprint for Cyl. deck

2 posters

Go down

Blueprint for Cyl. deck Empty Blueprint for Cyl. deck

Post  Big Hurt 11th November 2009, 16:20

Hey Guys,
I also posted this on the old site, not knowing who goes where anymore. My machinist is doing another BBF stroker on a virgin SCJ block ( out of an SCJ Torino). Owner sold the car long ago and was able to buy it back recently. The block was VERY rustly and the lifter bores took a whoopin'! Here could really use a copy of the blueprint to find out the centerline of the lifter bore in relationship to the dowels on the deck. The bores are badly pitted. The buildup is being followed in a magazine and will be a labor of love. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tom

Big Hurt

Back to top Go down

Blueprint for Cyl. deck Empty Re: Blueprint for Cyl. deck

Post  DJOHAGIN 11th November 2009, 16:30

BHJ has a fixture by the name of Lifter-Tru. You can call BHJ, http://www.bhjinc.com/ , and see if any machinist close to you has one. That would simplify the whole deal.

Hope that helps,

Dave

DJOHAGIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Hurt 11th November 2009, 17:13

Thanks DJOHAGIN. That may very well work, but I believe that he needs some other critical dimensions as well. I will notify him with this info though. He has checked with some of the other shops around here, but they were of little help. Thanks again.

Big Hurt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down