BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Info from SJ... Fall weather tuning..

5 posters

Go down

Info from SJ... Fall weather tuning.. Empty Info from SJ... Fall weather tuning..

Post  69bluehotrod September 24th 2014, 7:01 pm

Steve I hope you don't mind me sharing ... but this is some good info I ran across  from the man!!!

"Hey guys,
This is a post that seems to come out sometimes after it's a little to late..

I just wanted to remind you guys that fall is either just around the corner and or here for some of you. This will mean cooler weather and in many places drier air. These both can have an effect on how you tune and run your cars..

The cooler temps seem to bring around the fall back fires from the carbs. Many either start with a cold engine and or do not have enough engine temp when they try to leave the starting line and in some cases the results are the lovely carb fire Jeanie !! As you get into this cooler weather and air it becomes important to try and have at least 140-150 degrees of engine temp before you hit the jug..

Also this time of year the air makes some wider swings from day to night depending on where your located. In many places this time of year when it cools off in the evening the humidity will go thru the roof. This is when you start seeing all the water condense on your windows and hoods, roofs, and trunks. When it gets wetter, you can stand a little more timing in many cases..

The other side of this coin is the areas that as it cools off it get DRIER. This is where guys can get in real trouble if they are not on top of there tunes and timing. DRY air burns FASTER then WET air. Remember guys, a fireman uses water to put out a fire..

Nitrous to fuel ratio can be off and not be as big a deal as timing being off. TIMING IS the make or break in many cases.. For our customers in there tech sheets we explain how to move your timing around and learn right where the best spot is and how to build in a little cushion. This time of year knowing where your at will pay off..

Also guys cooler temps will make it tougher to keep bottle pressure up. Sometimes I see guys thinking they need to fight to keep a bottle 1000-1100 PSI and wonder why it is so hard. It's because your trying to keep the bottle in a pressure range it should NOT be. Keeping the bottle pressure lower will keep it more stable. It will give a better more dense nitrous as well as less pressure drop during the run and will not hit as hard. To me a win win deal..

Anyway, just wanted to throw out a few things for guys to start thinking about and watching. This is the time of year many forget about the extra timing they were able to add back when it was a 100 degrees and 100% humidity..

Let's not all start melting our shit and burning our carbs down.. LOL Thanks, SJ "
69bluehotrod
69bluehotrod
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://rainbowvacuumsalesservice.com/

Back to top Go down

Info from SJ... Fall weather tuning.. Empty Re: Info from SJ... Fall weather tuning..

Post  Induction-Solutions October 27th 2014, 10:35 am

Thanks for sharing.. I guess no one here needed the help though... Wink SJ

Brooksville, Fl. 34604
Shop 352-593-5900
Cell 815-341-8853
www.InductionSolutions.com
Induction-Solutions
Induction-Solutions
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

http://www.InductionSolutions.com

Back to top Go down

Info from SJ... Fall weather tuning.. Empty Re: Info from SJ... Fall weather tuning..

Post  richter69 October 27th 2014, 5:46 pm

No meltdowns yet.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Induction-Solutions October 28th 2014, 11:10 am

That's ^^^^ a good thing.. Smile SJ

Brooksville, Fl. 34604
Shop 352-593-5900
Cell 815-341-8853
Induction-Solutions
Induction-Solutions
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 October 28th 2014, 11:31 am

Just now got around to running mine since you set up my system. Only got one almost full pass in and man what a ride affraid
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  FalconEh October 28th 2014, 11:52 pm

FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  69bluehotrod October 30th 2014, 12:42 am

Induction-Solutions wrote:Thanks for sharing.. I guess no one here needed the help though...  Wink  SJ

Steve info is always a good thing, I've paid close attention to you and others here... my shit aint burned to the ground ... I attribute that to being dumb enough to do what I've been told.... study
69bluehotrod
69bluehotrod
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  69bluehotrod October 30th 2014, 12:43 am

Induction-Solutions wrote:Thanks for sharing.. I guess no one here needed the help though...  Wink  SJ

Steve info is always a good thing, I've paid close attention to you and others here... my shit aint burned to the ground ... I attribute that to being dumb enough to do what I've been told.... study
69bluehotrod
69bluehotrod
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Induction-Solutions November 4th 2014, 2:40 pm

69bluehotrod wrote:

LOL, Great to hear.. Wink Thanks guys.. SJ

Brooksville, Fl. 34604
Shop 352-593-5900
Cell 815-341-8853
Induction-Solutions
Induction-Solutions
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down