big inch motors..

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

RE: big inch

Post  hpwdboss1 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:50 am

Let's see.. motor mount, Motor car,
Ford Motor Company, and oh yeah Motor mouth
avatar
hpwdboss1

Posts : 147
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 62
Location : Balbec Indiana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: big inch motors..

Post  Wheelie58 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:47 pm

Rickyt630x wrote:
Wheelie58 wrote:Ricky
My 618 is posted in Proven Builds.
Two full seasons and still running fine.
8.86....153 (maybe 154?) at 3840# in my aerodynamic 1958 Custom 300 Sedan.
Keith Fulp

i believe i have a picture of your car, its beautful and thats badass a ton of weight to be moving what kind of power does it make,

Thanks Ricky
It makes a little over 1200.
All of the details are in the Proven Builds post...
Keith
avatar
Wheelie58

Posts : 1840
Join date : 2009-08-08
Location : Alpharetta, GA

View user profile http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Re: big inch motors..

Post  nuclearcobra on Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:11 pm

Lem Evans wrote:600 c.i.d engines work for me. Huge windshield wiper motors don't do a thang for me. Wink
What about little windshield wiper motors Very Happy
avatar
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 1367
Join date : 2009-08-16
Location : Delaware Coast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: big inch motors..

Post  kjett on Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:20 pm

richter69 wrote:Motorboat, motorcycle, motorhead.....

I like to motorboat while sitting on my motorcycle listening to Motorhead... geek
avatar
kjett

Posts : 1133
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: big inch motors..

Post  nuclearcobra on Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:31 pm

I have a peddle boat but its slow cause the motor is old and worn out Laughing
avatar
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 1367
Join date : 2009-08-16
Location : Delaware Coast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: big inch motors..

Post  bbf-falcon on Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:58 pm

nuclearcobra wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:600 c.i.d engines work for me. Huge windshield wiper motors don't do a thang for me. Wink
What about little windshield wiper motors Very Happy

My wiper motor ain't runnin very good, could it be low on MOTOR oil? Laughing

bbf-falcon

Posts : 8992
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Jackson, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: big inch motors..

Post  racnrick on Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:55 am

richter69 wrote:Motorboat, motorcycle, motorhead.....


State Dept of Motor Vehicles
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
Hemmings Motor News
Chiltons Motor Manual
Motor Oil
Outboard Motor
Ebay Motors
General Motors Company
Ford Motor Company
FOMOCO, not FOENCO
Motor Trend Magazine
600 HP on motor, 750 on spray, not 600 HP on engine.
Motorcycle
Crate motor, not crate engine
BMW Bavarian Motor Works
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars

racnrick

Posts : 462
Join date : 2008-12-03
Age : 61
Location : Puyallup, WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: big inch motors..

Post  the Coug on Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:07 am

I personally consider a big Motor a 250 hp 3 phase


Motors are Electric.....
avatar
the Coug

Posts : 3055
Join date : 2008-12-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: big inch motors..

Post  Lem Evans on Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:53 am

I'm gonna get on my engine scooter and ride. Very Happy

Lem Evans

Posts : 7148
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

View user profile http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: big inch motors..

Post  dfree383 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:33 am

Lem Evans wrote:I'm gonna get on my engine scooter and ride. Very Happy

Ohhhhhh yeah! Very Happy

I'm riding down the road on my Harley Davidson Engine Cycle...... It just don't sound right?????
avatar
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 14162
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: big inch motors..

Post  Lem Evans on Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:43 am

dfree383 wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:I'm gonna get on my engine scooter and ride. Very Happy

Ohhhhhh yeah!  Very Happy

I'm riding down the road on my Harley Davidson Engine Cycle...... It just don't sound right?????

The American Indians aint from India either Shocked

Lem Evans

Posts : 7148
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

View user profile http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: big inch motors..

Post  KY JELLY on Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:02 am

kjett wrote:
richter69 wrote:Motorboat, motorcycle, motorhead.....

I like to motorboat while sitting on my motorcycle listening to Motorhead... geek

Electric motors , pure kentucky Bourbon or sip of tennessee ethanol pun intended lol , park in the driveway and drive on the parkway , nitrous oxide and queers with no horns from oklahoma lol with capes

Hell no its Kentucky moonshine , big engines , and Fabio and his bottles are from out west lol
avatar
KY JELLY

Posts : 1530
Join date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: big inch motors..

Post  dfree383 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:09 am

Lem Evans wrote:
dfree383 wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:I'm gonna get on my engine scooter and ride. Very Happy

Ohhhhhh yeah!  Very Happy

I'm riding down the road on my Harley Davidson Engine Cycle...... It just don't sound right?????

The American Indians aint from India either Shocked

But they gots them in Indiana.... Very Happy
avatar
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 14162
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: big inch motors..

Post  KY JELLY on Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:13 am

kjett wrote:
richter69 wrote:Motorboat, motorcycle, motorhead.....

I like to motorboat while sitting on my motorcycle listening to Motorhead... geek

Oh Freeloader you still trying to figure out how they get that red dot from the camels arse to between them ladies eyes aint ya lol
avatar
KY JELLY

Posts : 1530
Join date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: big inch motors..

Post  nuclearcobra on Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:58 pm

I sure do miss my 1980 Yahmaha YZ 465 EngineCross Bike that some moron stole Mad
avatar
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 1367
Join date : 2009-08-16
Location : Delaware Coast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: big inch motors..

Post  cool40 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:24 pm

nuclearcobra wrote:I sure do miss my 1980 Yahmaha YZ 465 EngineCross Bike that some moron stole Mad
86 yz490 here! Cool
avatar
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 7168
Join date : 2009-08-31
Age : 47
Location : on the 1/8 mile dyno

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: big inch motors..

Post  FalconEh on Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:45 pm

nuclearcobra wrote:I sure do miss my 1980 Yahmaha YZ 465 EngineCross Bike that some moron stole Mad

Was it yellow and black and smoked like a cigar, I think I seen it in the Dominican with 5-people on it...it only said AHA on the gas tank, and the engine cycle looked pretty tired, but it may yours.
avatar
FalconEh

Posts : 1429
Join date : 2014-08-21
Location : on the blacktop or in the mountains ????

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: big inch motors..

Post  T-Bird88 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:41 pm

I have a 612 BBF I just finished for the last few races this year. Still needs a dyno tune this winter. In a chassis thunderbird (2650 LBS with me). I was launching pretty mild and need the dyno to tell me where RPM needs to be and will be building converter after dyno. Ran easy 8.08 @174 MPH. Right now just a bracket car.

[img][/img]

T-Bird88

Posts : 7
Join date : 2014-08-06
Location : Wisconsin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: big inch motors..

Post  Rickyt630x on Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:01 pm

thats nice, what heads are you running on the 612? and what the goal with the car, pretty badass

Rickyt630x

Posts : 71
Join date : 2014-01-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: big inch motors..

Post  yellowhorse7 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:55 pm

It's seems like nowadays in order to be considered "big" you need in excess of 715". Gotten wayyy crazy IMO. Oh well....if ya can't beat 'em (and I can't anymore lol) then ya may as well join 'em
avatar
yellowhorse7

Posts : 1382
Join date : 2009-11-16
Age : 92
Location : Polk County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: big inch motors..

Post  T-Bird88 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:54 pm

Rickyt630x wrote:thats nice, what heads are you running on the 612? and what the goal with the car, pretty badass

Profiler 225 heads and intake from TRE. With this setup I'm hoping to make around 1150 HP, and still be a bracket car that I can run a full year (60-80 passes) between freshening. As for the goal of the car I would like to run under 8.00 in the heat of WI summer, and maybe in a year or two run a MWTS/Top Sportsman type race a couple times a a year.

T-Bird88

Posts : 7
Join date : 2014-08-06
Location : Wisconsin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: big inch motors..

Post  Rickyt630x on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:45 pm

hp goal is possible easily, we ran a 598 with c-heads and a .880/.880 lift all season long for a bracket car, im sure you'll be able to do it, awesome build tho and thanks for sharing

Rickyt630x

Posts : 71
Join date : 2014-01-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: big inch motors..

Post  T-Bird88 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:22 pm

Rickyt630x wrote:hp goal is possible easily, we ran a 598 with c-heads and a .880/.880 lift all season long for a bracket car, im sure you'll be able to do it, awesome build tho and thanks for sharing
Thanks I appreciate it. My dad has a very similar car that ran with a A-headed 598. He now got ahold of C-heads and is in the process of switching over to that. Very reliable car that ran a best of 7.94 @173 mph with the a-heads so his goal is same as mine. We bracket race on a weekly basis but both wanted to build something with the capability of running other classes once in a while. Will be a busy winter for us to say the least.

T-Bird88

Posts : 7
Join date : 2014-08-06
Location : Wisconsin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: big inch motors..

Post  Minnesota_Duane on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:56 am

T-Bird88 wrote:
Rickyt630x wrote:hp goal is possible easily, we ran a 598 with c-heads and a .880/.880 lift all season long for a bracket car, im sure you'll be able to do it, awesome build tho and thanks for sharing
Thanks I appreciate it.  My dad has a very similar car that ran with a A-headed 598.  He now got ahold of C-heads and is in the process of switching over to that.  Very reliable car that ran a best of 7.94 @173 mph with the a-heads so his goal is same as mine.  We bracket race on a weekly basis but both wanted to build something with the capability of running other classes once in a while.  Will be a busy winter for us to say the least.

What is he doing with the A heads?
avatar
Minnesota_Duane

Posts : 25
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 54
Location : Climax Minnesota

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: big inch motors..

Post  Hardy on Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:58 am

He sold the A heads complete when he decided to look for a set C's

Hardy

Posts : 107
Join date : 2014-05-19
Location : Wisconsin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum