BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Single or Double Adjustable?

2 posters

Go down

Single or Double Adjustable?  Empty Single or Double Adjustable?

Post  TorinoGT October 22nd 2014, 2:21 pm

Car is my 100% street driven 1970 Torino GT. 572 BBF making 750hp/73 tq on pump gasoline. rear is tube chassis, mini tub (325/50 MT ET Streets), 4 link.

Im going to have the front half done, using a Martz Chassis sub frame assembly.

http://martzchassis.net/products/front-independent-suspension/torino/

The question is... for street driving, with the infrequent stop light confrontation... what spring/shock should I buy? the base level, single, or double adjustable... what are the pros, cons, benefits to any of the three choices.

thanks!

Shane
TorinoGT
TorinoGT

Back to top Go down

Single or Double Adjustable?  Empty Re: Single or Double Adjustable?

Post  DILLIGASDAVE October 25th 2014, 3:25 am

Never messed with a Martz kit, what brand coilover shock does he use on his front kits?

I'm kinda guessing from the link his stuff might be more aimed at the street rod/hot rod/pro street guys vs being a drag car setup. If so & if he is using the Alden/American/Eagle nitrogen charged coilover shock, they might be somewhat OK for street use, but really lacking as a drag use shock (both singles or doubles).

Also is his front setup based on the Mustang 2 spindle, or his own spindle?
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  TorinoGT October 25th 2014, 7:48 pm

I`m not sure what the entry level shocks are that come with the front kits... QA1 single or double adjustable are the upgrades.

also not sure what spindles they use. I do know they are NOT the same as the factory Torino front spindles, as my current disk brakes are NOT compatible.

Certainly this front kid isn't a hard core drag race piece, but my car is a street driven vehicle. I`m trying to ride that fine line of streetable and drag race, with street manners being fairly important. I just want to try and get a front that does something to work with the rear as it relates to weight transfer etc so I can hook up on an unprepped street.

thanks

Shane
TorinoGT
TorinoGT

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE October 26th 2014, 3:21 am

I can see where a double adjustable shock on a mostly street use car could be a benefit. Being able to adjust the compression valving could possibly be a big help in taming the jolts/bounces from road bumps & potholes. It's possible a single adjustable shock (without compression/bump adjustment) might be either too stiff (jolt) or too soft (bounce) under compression in some applications depending on the situation.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  TorinoGT October 26th 2014, 10:38 am

I appreciate that input, Dave, Thanks!
TorinoGT
TorinoGT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down