BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new project car

+8
jones
cool40
the Coug
FalconEh
dfree383
kim
res0rli9
gmsmkr
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

new project car Empty new project car

Post  gmsmkr December 14th 2014, 10:01 pm

Well I sold one new edge car the other day and sold my 67 mustang today and got another project car tonight it is a 1985 mustang hatch with T-tops one I always wanted and never could find well I got it now. Don't know about yall but they are sure hard to find around me.

Now I have some small block parts still and some big block parts what to do Question this will be a street only car to take the kids cruising in.
gmsmkr
gmsmkr

Back to top Go down

new project car Empty Re: new project car

Post  res0rli9 December 15th 2014, 1:13 am

460ci. small block sounds like a cruiser to me. Cool Smile

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  kim December 15th 2014, 12:21 pm

If you want it street fun only. Put a blown small block in it. Mine started life as an 83 T top.... T tops gone.. Hard skin on. Busted floor pans and torn out torque mounts........

Best of luck on the project.

kim

Back to top Go down

Post  gmsmkr December 15th 2014, 12:22 pm

Very Happy I got some stock 351w blocks so I'm thinking I'm going to stay with in those limits like a 408-427 with something in the 10.0- 11.0 comp range with a hyd flat cam.
gmsmkr
gmsmkr

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 December 15th 2014, 12:26 pm

A nice little 347 goes great on the street. Single 4, 10:1, hyd roller.

Cheap and fun.

If you have 351 blocks that's a great way to go to, it will just be a lot more traction challenged on street tires.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  FalconEh December 15th 2014, 1:35 pm

The SBF will be easier and likely get you enjoying it sooner. Is it a 5-spd or an auto as that should likely be a consideration with how much power you want it make.
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  kim December 15th 2014, 2:08 pm

3000 stall on AOD or 4R70W....  427 in based Windsor...  depending on head choice...   all the fun you can stand and then some maybe.  Especially on the street........
We all think we want John Forces car.... yup I got 10,000hp. Problem is much more than 300, and in most instances its just an ability to spin the tire in any gear. If you want a stylish driver... tighten the suspension, brace the frame (cage) and enjoy.

kim

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug December 15th 2014, 2:25 pm

you sold a 67 and bought an 85 ? what person in their right mind would do that? sold something that was a classic for something a dime a dozen... Now I know you just went off the Deep End...
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  gmsmkr December 15th 2014, 2:36 pm

dfree383 wrote:A nice little 347 goes great on the street. Single 4, 10:1, hyd roller.

Cheap and fun.

If you have 351 blocks that's a great way to go to, it will just be a lot more traction challenged on street tires.

FalconEh wrote:The SBF will be easier and likely get you enjoying it sooner. Is it a 5-spd or an auto as that should likely be a consideration with how much power you want it make.

kim wrote:3000 stall on AOD or 4R70W....  427 in based Windsor...  depending on head choice...   all the fun you can stand and then some maybe.  Especially on the street........
We all think we want John Forces car....  yup  I got 10,000hp.  Problem is much more than 300, and in most instances its just an ability to spin the tire in any gear.  If you want a stylish driver...  tighten the suspension, brace the frame (cage) and enjoy.  
I'm thinking about staying 5 spd as it was a factory 5 spd carb car only the auto had cfi deal...I have parts to make a nice little runner for the street so small block it will be

the Coug wrote:you sold a 67 and bought an 85 ? what person in their right mind would do that? sold something that was a classic for something a dime a dozen... Now I know you just went off the Deep End...
The t top car is more rare than a 67 c code car around my parts I can get another running and driving for around 2000-4000$ it would need work at that but I'm not really a classic car guy.... sorry Coug it's just not me lol
gmsmkr
gmsmkr

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug December 15th 2014, 2:46 pm

next thing is you will be trading for a prius Razz
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 December 15th 2014, 9:27 pm

the Coug wrote:next thing is you will be trading for a prius Razz
Now wait a damn minute Coug,,, a 85 t-top mustang is long way from a junky ass toyota! I just happen to own a 86 t-top gt myself. Laughing
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  kim December 15th 2014, 9:30 pm

Some people are powerful fast to spend other peoples money.

kim

Back to top Go down

Post  jones December 15th 2014, 9:32 pm

4 eyes for the win!! T-top for a Boss!! I'd say thats would get you some looks!!

I'd to a 347 roller motor! (if you had money to splurge I'd go with a boss block just so you could play with nitrous and not have to worry about splitting the block in half.)

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  gmsmkr December 15th 2014, 11:23 pm

the Coug wrote:next thing is you will be trading for a prius Razz

O come on at least its still a ford clown
gmsmkr
gmsmkr

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug December 16th 2014, 2:46 pm

sorry just they are Fox body and they all look alike after a while, and as they say everyone has one and the only difference is the color... another words rubber stamped vehicle... you see one you've seen them all...
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 December 16th 2014, 2:50 pm

the Coug wrote:sorry just they are Fox body and they all look alike after a while, and as they say everyone has one and the only difference is the color... another words rubber stamped vehicle... you see one you've seen them all...
you mean like belly buttons and ass holes?
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug December 16th 2014, 2:54 pm

kind of to me they all look alike... I like the 4 eye better thou, I use to have an 83 but the dam floors board started cracking so I got rid of it...
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney December 16th 2014, 4:28 pm

It's because they work, and are still reasonably priced. I would say in the next 10 years the value will go up on one's that are clean and not racecars.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 December 16th 2014, 5:05 pm

the Coug wrote:sorry just they are Fox body and they all look alike after a while, and as they say everyone has one and the only difference is the color... another words rubber stamped vehicle... you see one you've seen them all...

Thems fight'n words buddy.... Suspect
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick December 16th 2014, 5:56 pm

Barney wrote:It's because they work, and are still reasonably priced. I would say in the next 10 years the value will go up on one's that are clean and not racecars.

Yep. For a car that was produced for the masses, the chassis makes a pretty good racecar.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  61coon December 16th 2014, 10:22 pm

Barney wrote:It's because they work, and are still reasonably priced. I would say in the next 10 years the value will go up on one's that are clean and not racecars.

This is right on! I've already noticed the prices of nice 4 eyed cars climbing. I've been lookin for another one myself. Some people sit back and bitch about what everyone else is doin, some people are building nice cars... Good luck on your build!!
61coon
61coon

Back to top Go down

Post  FalconEh December 16th 2014, 10:32 pm

Have you ever been to a drag track that didn't have a 67-69 back half cameo (not a typo)originally 6cyl or 305 (some nice ones too) , but who wouldn't want to add a copo zl-1 to their collection, hounds-tooth interior would be ok too... Question
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 December 16th 2014, 10:35 pm

FalconEh wrote:

Have you ever been to a drag track that didn't have a 67-69 back half cameo (not a typo)originally 6cyl or 305 (some nice ones too) , but who wouldn't want to add a copo zl-1 to their collection, hounds-tooth interior would be ok too... Question

You going Chevy queer on us? tongue
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  FalconEh December 16th 2014, 10:47 pm

dfree383 wrote:
FalconEh wrote:

You going Chevy on us? tongue

lol! Still just a cameo to me, but an undeniable 47 year old investment with a huge following, I would have been the guy in the Mustang with... ahem a SBF fact is you cant say there is not one at every event you attend, the original 5.0 was 11 years longer in production, so if you don't like them either respect them or stay off the roads.

(fixed it)
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  gmsmkr December 16th 2014, 11:19 pm

FalconEh wrote:

dfree383 wrote:
FalconEh wrote:

You going Chevy queer on us? tongue

I was starting to get worried Russ thought for a min (like dfree said) No

Its like pizza and beer it works why change it cheers
gmsmkr
gmsmkr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: