BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cost of AJE front suspention install

+2
DILLIGASDAVE
cheatham
6 posters

Go down

Cost of AJE front suspention install Empty Cost of AJE front suspention install

Post  cheatham January 6th 2015, 12:24 am

I'm doing some upgrades to my 69 cougar and was wondering roughly what would be the cost of having an AJE front end put in?
Any guess Question This is something I would have to hire out.
Any places in Oklahoma that might do this sort of thing?
cheatham
cheatham

Back to top Go down

Cost of AJE front suspention install Empty Re: Cost of AJE front suspention install

Post  cheatham January 6th 2015, 12:37 am

$5000.00?
cheatham
cheatham

Back to top Go down

Cost of AJE front suspention install Empty Re: Cost of AJE front suspention install

Post  DILLIGASDAVE January 6th 2015, 8:22 am

Hard to say.

I guess it all depends on if you are providing all the AJE parts, and/or OEM parts, and/or building materials (assorted extra tubing/plate), and/or hardware (nuts/bolts/etc), & they would only be charging you for labor. Or if you are bringing nothing to the table, and they provide everything + labor.

And even if you take all the parts/materials/hardware out of the picture, the actual labor time charged for a job can it's self fluctuate a bunch depending on the "condition" the car is delivered to the guy doing the work. People often don't think about the "little" things that can lead to more labor charges. Aggravating stuff for the average fabrication guy like the owner saying he only wants to pay bottom dollar price for labor on "just" the roll cage install......but then he drops the car off with the full interior still in a car vs gutting it before taking it to the fab guy. Doesn't matter if you make extra work for the fab guy on purpose or by mistake, you will get charged extra for it (unless of course it's a "good-buddy" deal, or the fab guy is just a pushover/doormat).

Wild guess is if you are providing EVERYTHING, and the fab guy is only charging you for install labor, IMO I can see where the labor it's self could easily be anywhere from $1500-3500 (or more). It all depends on [A] the condition the car is delivered, [B] if it's "just/only" the suspension install & out the door, or [C] the suspension install + tying the top strut mounts/top strut towers to pre-existing cage & frame structures with extra tubing/bracing, plus also [D] if the engine/trans will need to be re-hung & all the driveline angles reworked.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  cheatham January 6th 2015, 10:38 am

You bring up some good points for sure.
I love my cougar and love bbf's just dont
Like working on them in a 69 cougar..
cheatham
cheatham

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 January 6th 2015, 1:39 pm

You know Id do it, hell Im puttin the bar in it anyways lol
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  70FB January 6th 2015, 7:28 pm

cheatham wrote:I'm doing some upgrades to my 69 cougar and was wondering roughly what would be the cost of having an AJE front end put in?
Any guess Question This is something I would have to hire out.
Any places in Oklahoma that might do this sort of thing?

I think I paid around $2600 for my setup with AJE. Depends on what you get with it. My chassis guy said it would be about the same if he did it all from scratch. Ex." Making the k member and suspension parts. I wanted to try to do most of it myself and learn so that's what I did.

its here in the suspension section.

70FB
70FB
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  70FB January 6th 2015, 7:46 pm

richter69 wrote:You know Id do it, hell Im puttin the bar in it anyways lol
but if I lived close to Richter I'd head that way.
70FB
70FB
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cheatham January 6th 2015, 9:55 pm

I looked at your thread. You did a great job!
Biggest hurdle for me is i dont know how to weld good.
And dont have the equipment or skill for that kinda job.
Puts me in the boat of having to pay someone.
Planning on putting 10gs in it, or more...
If Richter69 has time and wants too, i think he would
Probably be the best!  I'm having him build the new engine anyway.
The car is 100% stock frontend.
The way it left the factory.
Gonna keep reading your install though.
cheatham
cheatham

Back to top Go down

Post  70FB January 6th 2015, 11:15 pm

Just don't forget the cost of headers. My old ones wasn't going to fit. I had to change oil pump and pan also. I used fox body headers and had to change two tubes. Let Richter make you a nice custom set. That's next on my list one day.
70FB
70FB
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper January 19th 2015, 8:27 pm

I have an aje maverick kit in the shop. By the time I get finished cutting it up I might as well built it from scratch. Nothing lined up and I have two cars here to compare.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  cheatham January 20th 2015, 4:59 pm

Good to know. I think we are just gonna notch
The towers freshing up the front end
And invest in rear end upgrades.
Got the 429 out and over to richter.
Working on a manual brake system, getting rid of the booster
cheatham
cheatham

Back to top Go down

Post  70FB January 20th 2015, 7:20 pm

Cool. Looking forward to some pictures.
70FB
70FB
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  YellowStangDuane January 21st 2015, 11:42 pm

After fighting my wore out Tubular headers that are almost 30 years old, AJE looks like an option.
YellowStangDuane
YellowStangDuane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down