BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sad Day!! Local track is closing for the year and now it's for sale

+9
maverick
NOS42
Doug Rahn
Lem Evans
f250mike
jones
dfree383
D. Sea
Race Ready Fabrications
13 posters

Go down

Sad Day!!  Local track is closing for the year and now it's for sale Empty Sad Day!! Local track is closing for the year and now it's for sale

Post  Race Ready Fabrications February 10th 2015, 2:25 pm

Sunday the current track management announced that our track would not be opening for 2015. And then this morning the local news announced the track is for sale.
It's a damn shame the owners have let this place go to hell. 50 plus years of being open and now it may cease to exist. Current owner reportedly wants 2 million plus for the property. I'd say he's 1.5 million to high.
Looks like we will have to travel this year some. Might just be time to sell the car and buy a show car......nah!!!

Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Sad Day!!  Local track is closing for the year and now it's for sale Empty Re: Sad Day!! Local track is closing for the year and now it's for sale

Post  D. Sea February 10th 2015, 2:41 pm

Heard there have been several tracks closing across the country. Sad deal for sure...
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Sad Day!!  Local track is closing for the year and now it's for sale Empty Re: Sad Day!! Local track is closing for the year and now it's for sale

Post  dfree383 February 10th 2015, 7:25 pm

2 mill for that track.... Holy Sheeeeeeit!
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jones February 14th 2015, 9:28 pm

I don't know about your part of the woods. For years the tracks local to me have been cutting their own throat. They all want to run heads up only classes and turn their backs on the bread and butter bracket racers. Bracket racers are a pain but they are consistent. Not many people that can afford to runs heads up and compete.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  f250mike February 14th 2015, 10:03 pm

US41 Dragway/No Limit Raceway in NW Indiana has new owners for 2015. They just put out the 2015 schedule.
The new owners are in the racing industry and have big plans to fix the aging facility.

I also heard Bunker Hill is for sale.
f250mike
f250mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans February 14th 2015, 10:04 pm

dfree383 wrote:2 mill for that track.... Holy Sheeeeeeit!

Maybe it's worth more as NOT a track.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications February 15th 2015, 12:30 am

Apparently the old man has came to his senses. Looks like $375,000 will buy the drag strip. It'd probably take another 250K to get it back into shape. If I were single and didn't mind eating ramen noodles 7 days a week I'd probably buy it Cool
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn February 15th 2015, 7:42 am

Lem Evans wrote:
dfree383 wrote:2 mill for that track.... Holy Sheeeeeeit!

Maybe it's worth more as NOT a track.

More than likely you are correct Lem.  That is what has happened to our tracks. Holes in the ground, dirt used for highway projects. Savannah Speedway was a 1/2 mile asphalt oval that had a lot of history one of which I witnessed. My best friends Dad loved the round track racing and was there every Friday night. He took his son, myself, and several other friends to the 1964 Savannah 200, Grand National Series race with drivers like LeeRoy Yarbrough, Richard Petty, Buddy Baker, Cale Yarborough, David Pearson, and Ned Jarrett. Something I will never forget. Sadly the same fate awaited the drag strip, it was right next door but hung on for many years after the round track was just a hole in the ground.

Sad Day!!  Local track is closing for the year and now it's for sale SavDragwaySatPhoto_zps7132c931
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  NOS42 February 15th 2015, 6:30 pm

small little circle/drag track here in central NY is shutting down this summer....low car counts ect...my predication is the party will be over...just a sign of the times
NOS42
NOS42

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick February 15th 2015, 8:39 pm

Come down South....you can race yer a$$ off. Cool
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  61coon February 15th 2015, 10:28 pm

Race Ready Fabrications wrote:Apparently the old man has came to his senses. Looks like $375,000 will buy the drag strip. It'd probably take another 250K to get it back into shape.  If I were single and didn't mind eating ramen noodles 7 days a week I'd probably buy it Cool

Dang, from 2 mil to 375k.... He must have laid the crack pipe down... It would be cool to see someone buy it and keep it open.
61coon
61coon

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 February 16th 2015, 1:32 am

maverick wrote:Come down South....you can race yer a$$ off. Cool

Yep having big 4 day small tire shoot out this week here at the track in Cecil SGMP
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug February 16th 2015, 9:47 am

borrow the money and buy it if you think it is worth it then you can run it like you want....
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt February 16th 2015, 12:54 pm

Bailing out the banks and the stock market only helps the uber rich. Our economy will never recover for all, until our government gets out of business and lets capitalism work. Anyone one that thinks the economy has grown over the last 12 years has not looked at the value of the dollar versus any other standard of measurement.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down