BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please bear with me on these newbie questions...

2 posters

Go down

Please bear with me on these newbie questions... Empty Please bear with me on these newbie questions...

Post  BillBallinger November 21st 2009, 3:33 am

I have been fooling with FE;s forever. But this time I am doing a 12:1 466 in a '65 Galaxie, some street, a little race, mostly cruising. 3.70 gears, 3000 stall. It should be around 525-550 hp or so. I have about decided on the the Crites kit with their headers unless something else pops up.

I figure a well cooled C6 will my best bet. But, what car/truck do I need to get it out of? On FE's all the trucks had cast iron fixed yokes. Are 460 trucks the same way? Also if I have to get one out of a car, what car should it be? The frame is a '66, the '65 frame rotted out so we swapped it. That should simplify things a little.

I am clueless on this, so any help will be appreciated, My son and nephew will be my eyeballs on this, because I can't see. They are going to get to drive me around in it it too, lucky them! Laughing

I am figuring on a little BFH work on the tunnel because the C6 hadn't come out yet in '65, but the sawzall and welder are close by too if needed.

BillBallinger

Back to top Go down

Please bear with me on these newbie questions... Empty Re: Please bear with me on these newbie questions...

Post  billandlori November 21st 2009, 1:52 pm

The Lincoln units have the heavy duty clutches in them but they use an odd mount. Most use the pick-up/van trans. As far as I know all car C6's have a slip yokes.

Sounds like a cool build!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down