BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody here using Viking shocks?

5 posters

Go down

Anybody here using Viking shocks? Empty Anybody here using Viking shocks?

Post  dirt_worker May 11th 2015, 12:52 am

Anybody here used or using Viking Crusader shocks? Local dealer is offering me an awesome deal on some double adj crusaders. Would appreciate any feedback before making my decision.
dirt_worker
dirt_worker

Back to top Go down

Anybody here using Viking shocks? Empty Re: Anybody here using Viking shocks?

Post  bigblockfox468 May 11th 2015, 9:02 pm

I installed some Viking rear dbl adjustable on mine last year. You mention Crusaders...not sure of that name because I ordered mine directly from Viking and I don't recall them being referred by that.

Anyhow, my reasoning and experience was this.... the price was real attractive, I have some suspension issues, the folks at Viking were real.......lets say their customer service was top notch in my book. Me by any means am not a serious dedicated week in week out drag racer. Pockets aren't deep enough and I don't have the time. I put these on last year and only ran them on one outing, needless to say there is a learning curve with them and I can't give you any supporative advice. But I can tell you the one time I ran with them last year I got into a small gamblers race and I won. Took home a little cash, a trophy, got a nice 8x11 photo and was the top picture on Ubly Dragways website for a week.

So I guess it's all about what you're trying to accomplish. I'm happy with them for less then 1/2 the price of an Afco and I'm not knocking the Afco....and they cost about twice the money of a Strange single adustable.They fit my bill. Give Chris or Christina a call directly at Viking and I'm sure they'll be more then happy to assist you.

Good luck Wink
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dirt_worker May 13th 2015, 1:30 pm

Thanks for your input.
The crusaders are supposed to be their high hp version.
The founder of viking im told was top managment of QA1 before starting Viking.

The price is def attractive. Im told they only offer doubles which is how they can keep the price down.
dirt_worker
dirt_worker

Back to top Go down

Post  HorsinAround May 15th 2015, 10:12 am

I installed them on my project. great people to work with.
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

http://www.frontpagefab.com

Back to top Go down

Post  738drvr June 8th 2015, 7:37 pm

Viking was started by someone who used to be at QA1. My suspension guy says if you take the label off you can't tell the difference between the two. Supposed to be excellent shocks for the money. Putting a set of Crusaders on mine this week.
738drvr
738drvr

Back to top Go down

Post  Tore July 12th 2015, 10:21 am

738drvr wrote:Viking was started by someone who used to be at QA1. My suspension guy says if you take the label off you can't tell the difference between the two. Supposed to be excellent shocks for the money. Putting a set of Crusaders on mine this week.

How did the Viking Shocks work?

Tore
Tore
Tore

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down