BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is there a drop box for off set axles

2 posters

Go down

is there a drop box for off set axles Empty is there a drop box for off set axles

Post  Bart Knox June 8th 2015, 8:21 am

Is there a drop box for stock axles with a offset front yoke trying to figure out where to spend money that won't be a waste down the road I want to change axles down the road but not sure about rockwells
Bart Knox
Bart Knox

http://W. B Knox&son LTD Huntsville Ontario

Back to top Go down

is there a drop box for off set axles Empty Re: is there a drop box for off set axles

Post  kjett June 8th 2015, 8:39 am

Not really a drop box, but SCS does have a 4x4 case that is like a factory transfer case to give you the offset front. I know several people that run the quick change 10" and 12" drop cases with offset front axles and have no issues though.
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

is there a drop box for off set axles Empty Re: is there a drop box for off set axles

Post  Bart Knox June 8th 2015, 8:54 am

Is there any drop for the rear drive shaft? I've been looking but no luck. The drop box and Tru hi 9 seem to be about the same price so just try to figure out what to order I took the bronco out for the first run on long weekend and broke 2 u jounts in about ten km
Bart Knox
Bart Knox

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett June 8th 2015, 9:05 am

Their website sort of sucks, but check SCSgear.com for all of their cases. Or you can contact Scott at Racing in the Dirt as they are dealers and can get you what you need. Expect to spend about $2500 on a drop box though.
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart Knox June 9th 2015, 8:23 am

They said I would have to go with a divorced drop box back drive shaft is already shorter than the front might have to just go with the high angle drive shaft I was looking on Google high angle driveline has 80 degrees drive shafts
Bart Knox
Bart Knox

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett June 10th 2015, 7:33 am

How much lift are you planning? going from the HI9 thread, you can't be doing a mega truck, so not sure why you are really having this issue. A double cardan joint on the top end of the driveshaft should be more than enoughto deal with any of your issues. I run a c6/205 behind a big block in my ranger and don't have these issues with the truck sitting on 44's. If you have that much lift, might be worth dropping the motor/trans/tcase lower in the frame anyway to help lower the center of gravity.
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart Knox June 11th 2015, 7:40 pm

Right now it has about 12 or more supension and still have the car oil pan so the motor is probably 16 inches I could drop the motor if I changed the pan but I would like to leave it were it is we have to cross a river were we go wealing and it pritty deap but the back drive shaft is pritty steep close to 45 I just don't want to by parts that limit me in the future like the high nine it could be a mega truck one day
Bart Knox
Bart Knox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum