BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rear coilovers and front shocks

2 posters

Go down

rear coilovers and front shocks  Empty rear coilovers and front shocks

Post  muddog899 August 24th 2015, 10:33 am

ok trying to figure out which coil overs shocks that I should run on my new truck 93 bronco gutted i will be useing ladder bars and coilovers for the back i would also like to try and run coilovers on the fron TTB not sure if the wieght savings over the front coil shock is worth it or just go with a good 90/10 shock up front.

Thanks'
guys

muddog899

Back to top Go down

rear coilovers and front shocks  Empty Re: rear coilovers and front shocks

Post  kjett August 27th 2015, 7:59 am

What are your rules like? I ran a set of 90/10's on the front of my ranger for a long time with no issues. However a good single or double adjustale shock up front can help with tuning if you want to go that route. I still have to keep the seperate coil and shock for my class rules, so now I'm running an AFCO single adjustable shock that has been valved for my needs. Out back is a set of QA1 double adjutables.
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  muddog899 August 27th 2015, 4:53 pm

since i run sand drags i dont have to follow any rules as far as suspension, but with the new setup going into a 93 bronco instead of the heavy f250 trying to figure out what i need.

muddog899

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett August 31st 2015, 8:06 am

I know in the desert high speed racing world, the TTB with a good set of coilovers works well for them. It lightens up the package, and allows for the longer travel they need. That being said, as long as you get the valving/spring pressures set right, it should work well for you too.
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down